Actual pictures and hands on of the Nexus 10!!!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
This is Google’s Nexus 10 by Samsung With Android 4.2 - BriefMobile

161.jpg

The display is an incredible feat for Samsung. At 2560 x 1600 pixels, it far surpasses the Apple iPad’s “Retina Display” in resolution. We’re told the display measures 10.1-inches. That means we’re looking at approximately 298.9 pixels-per-inch, dwarfing Apple’s 263.92 on the third-generation iPad.

111.jpg

This confirms profiles!! Look at the image of the face with "primary", that's where you toggle the user!
quick-settings1-620x3871.jpg

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ever since ICS, the word was, they they were unifying the whole UI to one experience....

On another note, the back of that thing is atrocious!! Geeks an nerds will buy, but if they want to eat Apple's an Microsoft's lunch. They'll have to come waaaay sexier than this thing! Hopefully when Motorola gets up an started officially by Google they'll create a sexy piece. Hope it wont be too late by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
And it's back: This is Google’s Nexus 10 by Samsung With Android 4.2 - BriefMobile

- - - Updated - - -

Ever since ICS, the word was, they they were unifying the whole UI to one experience....

On another note, the back of that thing is atrocious!! Geeks an nerds will buy, but if they want to eat Apple's an Microsoft's lunch. They'll have to come waaaay sexier than this thing! Hopefully when Motorola gets up an started officially by Google they'll create a sexy piece. Hope it wont be too late by then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I agree. Why can't they realize it needs to look good, not just have great specs?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually think the device looks pretty well made and designed. Sounds like its using higher quality materials than previous generations of Samsung tablets. The front looks well-rounded and the forward-facing speakers are a bonus. The tablet is very distinguishable when put next to the iPad and Windows 8 flagships. I'm willing to reserve judgement until we get actual hands on with the device after launch and reviewers show off the tablet in higher quality images. Like most devices like the Samsung Galaxy S3 or LG Nexus 4, they look uninspiring and bland in leaked photos, but are designs people will actually come to enjoy. I trust Google will offer it's consumers a high quality, proud to own device much like the Nexus 7.

As far as software goes, I completely understand why they made the move to make the tablet interface more so like the the phone interface. The previous versions of Android on tablets were very confusing and contradicted how the phone worked. You had the main interactions scattered across multiple corners of the OS, and you have to mesmerize what corner utilizes what button and in which applications. This 'new' UI is much more straight-forward and matches how the phone interface operates. The user only has to interact with two points: the middle bottom navigation bar, and the top middle (or in the case of landscape, the top right corner) search bar and notifications. Luckily, there's others who feel exactly how I feel and can give a more thorough look in how smart of a move Google made with Android 4.2

Editorial: The Android 4.2 Tablet UI Looks Just Like A Giant Phone's, And That's Fantastic

BuffaloMadMan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this is great if there is one thing I hate about my xoom (Well actually there is tons I hate about it) it is the Tablet UI. It is so inconsistent and confusing to use. Finally, if Google does indeed go this way, there won't be the need to touch one of the four corners which on a 10 inch tablet is annoying. On top of that the notification area as of now is full of confusing buttons and just looks bad. The one thing that bothers me also is when I give my tablet to my nephew (3 yrs old) to play a game he always hits the navigation buttons. That sucks because 3 year olds are tough and all you want to do is give him the tablet and let him play to have some peace and quiet. I just think this is the right way to go for google and I commend them for finally starting to get these things together

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think this is great if there is one thing I hate about my xoom (Well actually there is tons I hate about it) it is the Tablet UI. It is so inconsistent and confusing to use.

I just love the Xoom. I think the interface is fine... it is pretty much stock Jellybean.

Anway, the one thing I do NOT like about the Xoom are the rear-facing speakers. Perhaps this Nexus 10 fixes that. But I saw no mention of SD card, which is a bummer. I also saw no mention of GPS- which would be a disaster if it really didn't have one. I think the tablet looks fine; in fact it looks like a Xoom.... although the bezel is larger (which is generally not a good thing). Also concerned about AMOLED- I haven't seen one that can match modern SLCD2/3 in clarity/sharpness/color...

15israellai

May 9, 2011
Visit site
F**k no. Seriously. If I buy a tablet I want a tablet UI. Google, dont copy Apple's bad things. If Android goes that way I might just turn to Windows.
What has Mr Duarte been doing? The Honeycomb UI was fantastic.
</rant> I just want Android tablets to be as wonderful as they have been so far.

Transmitted from my Nexus Prime

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
To me this the is atrocious. I really think this might be one of the ugliest tablets I've ever seen. I hate to say that. The nexus 7 was a great looking little tablet and the nexus 4 looks awesome too. Heck, even my galaxy nexus was a sexy phone when it came out too. Definitely a step back esthetically speaking. Hopefully the great specs and software will make of for the eye sore it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of unified UI

See this post from AndroidPolice:
Editorial: The Android 4.2 Tablet UI Looks Just Like A Giant Phone's, And That's Fantastic

The design looks ugly in photos. It's based on Galaxy Note 10.1 so see here:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 pictures, official photos

It isn't as ugly as it seems

I understand why they are changing the ui, but it is a solid step backwards. The biggest complaint I hear about the n7 is the phone ui on a tablet. Now they are putting it on a bigger tablet :banghead: I guess that means I am never going to use my tablet in landscape ever again. I don't want to give my self carpal tunnel reaching all the way across just to hit the home button. They do realize ppl actually have and like to use thumbs don't they?

I have also always thought that a launcher bar on a tablet was stupid, but that is a different subject...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Zapote21

May 5, 2010
Visit site
When are you guys going to realize that the average consumer does not care... All these comments are great, and they are of interest to me, but as an example, Android Central is my #1 bookmark... My wife doesnt know it exists..And she does not care...lol. She has a SGS3 and does not care if its ICS or JB... To her, it just works... Sadly, that is 98% of the population...

Price this thing at 299, advertise it as better than Retina resolution, and the masses will buy it... Period...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC