Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Been seeing some buzz on the next HTC flagship device. Apparently called the M7 and will feature a 5" 1080p display, Qualcom APQ8064 Snapdragon S4Pro and a 13 megapixel camera.

I'm wondering if this phone is the reason some people thought the DNA was going to have a 2500mah battery.

http://htcsource.com/2012/12/htc-m7...snapdragon-s4-pro-and-uni-body-aluminum-case/

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between this and the Droid DNA?

It's too early to tell based on what I've read.

The hope is the new phone will have more memory, a bigger battery and an even better camera. In a perfect world it will turn out to be the rumored Nexus 5 that dropped off the radar screen a couple of months ago.

It's odd that AC hasn't had a story about the M7 yet....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
whats so perfect about it being a Nexus? I think the M7 is too much of a rumor to have it show on AC yet, especially since the DNA needs some time in the spotlight. When the show comes closer, then you will see some rumors published...

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think we will see anymore Nexus devices until next November...unfortunately. I just don't see manufacturers releasing a stock device to the public. I mean, carriers would flip lol

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
whats so perfect about it being a Nexus?

I'd prefer a Nexus device for the following reasons:

-- Faster updates
-- No blocked programs (e.g. Google Wallet)
-- No carrier bloatware
-- No carrier branding
-- More accessory options due to widespread sales volume

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not going to reopen the debate between a Nexus and other flavors of Android, it is pointless. Especially since this hopefully won't be one

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont think this needs to be a Nexus at all. A fresh version of Sense, however...?

How nice would it be to see a new version of sense and a universal phone strategy (like Samsung and Apple) to get HTC going again? Their hardware is already top-notch.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sense needs to trim down a bit (from what I have seen from custom rom makers) but I can agree with what you are saying. HTC hardware is nice...

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If looks as good as HTC One X and HTC Butterfly and works on t-mobile then I am down to get one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That would be great and actually not surprising because HTC has in the past launch international devices at CES.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC M7 rumored to replace One X in February with 4.7-inch, 468ppi screen and Sense 5 | The Verge

"Rumors began appearing earlier this month that HTC was developing a new flagship smartphone codenamed the M7, and the always-prolific @evleaks has followed-up with its own details. As reported on Unwired View, the M7 is said to improve upon HTC's current flagship Android phone, the One X, nearly across the board: with a 4.7-inch HD display at 468ppi (reportedly called a SoLux display), a 1.7GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and LTE and HSDPA radios. The M7 will also reportedly carry an improved camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and an f/2.0 lens. Evleaks says that the M7 should be headed to Verizon and Sprint, and that there's a possibility it could be the first smartphone since the HTC Touch Pro 2 to be offered on the four largest US carriers. We'll find out soon enough ? that is, if the phone is revealed at Mobile World Congress as rumored."​

I was disappointed the One X never came to all 4 carriers because with right marketing back with all that carrier exposure would made the One X hit in the US Market. Hopefully for 2013 HTC they can right their wrongs of 2012 with M7.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site