- 303 Posts
Nexus 5 Will Not Be Made by Motorola
Had a talk with a higher up at Motorola, someone who's job it is to know the pipeline, and this person revealed to me that no Nexus phones are due out of Motorola this year. They did however recently file paperwork with Google to be considered the manufacture of next years Nexus phone.
It was further revealed to me in this conversation the possibility of a "lesser" version of the Moto X which may be released later this year but there is no confirmation on that yet. Finally they confirmed AT&T does indeed have a 90-day exclusive on Moto Maker which means all other carriers should have access sometime in November.
The general caveats should be applied:
- This should be considered a rumor
- This person could be wrong/misinformed
- Things could always change
- 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM #2
If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."
- 1,042 Posts
- Stock Android 4.4.2
- 08-28-2013, 07:59 AM #3
- 608 Posts
Re: Nexus 5 Will Not Be Made by Motorola
I always have my doubts about these "I know/met a guy who" rumor thread, but at least you're honest about it. I tend to believe it. I think Google will hold fast with the 2012 Nexus manufacturers. It did so with Asus for the next gen 7, and I expect it will with LG for the 5 (and Samsung for the next gen 10).Galaxy Note II stock 4.1.2
Nexus 10 stock 4.4
Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)
- By fredrock in forum Google Nexus 7 (2012) AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:48 PM
- By lkk324 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 08-31-2013, 09:42 AM
- By JeffDenver in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM
- By tank12758 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
- By pheatton in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM