Phone Loses Charge While Charging?

sherlockmalfoy

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone is a Samsung Admire.
I've used the original charger, as well as combos of various chargers and cords. I have also charged my phone using my computer.
I don't care about the time it takes to charge, as I know not using the native charger can affect the time it takes to charge.
My problem is that my phone will not charge, even when it reads that it is connected to a charger or cord.
I go to bed with my phone at 44%, I wake up and it is at 5%. It does not seem to matter what charger or cord I use. I have even tested it on cords and chargers that I KNOW WORK, as my fiance's phone had just been connected and had fully charged.
I have also replaced the battery twice, thinking that my battery may have finally tossed in the towel. Once with an "extended life" battery, which actually did work, and once with an identical to the original battery - brand new - for the Admire. Neither of these batteries have had any affect on this issue. I had bought the second battery, thinking that the extended life one I had bought may have been a dud after all. Unfortunately, the charging problem persists.
I am working on getting another phone, but until my paycheck comes in, I'm stuck with my Admire and don't know what to do. I use this phone for my job, so I need to get it sorted as soon as possible. Like I said, I'm already planning to get a new phone, but right now I need to figure out how to get this one to last out until my money comes in.
Ideas? Suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone is a Samsung Admire.
I've used the original charger, as well as combos of various chargers and cords. I have also charged my phone using my computer.
I don't care about the time it takes to charge, as I know not using the native charger can affect the time it takes to charge.
My problem is that my phone will not charge, even when it reads that it is connected to a charger or cord.
I go to bed with my phone at 44%, I wake up and it is at 5%. It does not seem to matter what charger or cord I use. I have even tested it on cords and chargers that I KNOW WORK, as my fiance's phone had just been connected and had fully charged.
I have also replaced the battery twice, thinking that my battery may have finally tossed in the towel. Once with an "extended life" battery, which actually did work, and once with an identical to the original battery - brand new - for the Admire. Neither of these batteries have had any affect on this issue. I had bought the second battery, thinking that the extended life one I had bought may have been a dud after all. Unfortunately, the charging problem persists.
I am working on getting another phone, but until my paycheck comes in, I'm stuck with my Admire and don't know what to do. I use this phone for my job, so I need to get it sorted as soon as possible. Like I said, I'm already planning to get a new phone, but right now I need to figure out how to get this one to last out until my money comes in.
Ideas? Suggestions?

Battery may be going bad. Is it replaceable?

sherlockmalfoy

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery may be going bad. Is it replaceable?
i did that first. the original battery did go bad. i replaced it. problem continued. i thought i had gotten a bad battery. it happens sometimes. so i got another.
The batteries i bought are good. the cords i have and charger plugs are good. The phone itself is presenting a problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Will it charge if you turn it off, or is that not an option?
Or perhaps an external battery charger?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084