Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 keeps "forgetting" my google account and settings

sorka

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm really hoping this firmware update which is loading right at this moment fixes this issue. It has been so annoying that my wife has simply given up using the GC2 and is only using her S4 now for photos. We're done with Samsung. The S4 was the last good phone. I had an S5 for a week and it has so many *intentional* flaw in it that I sent it back after a week.

laserone

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I saw on the Samsung website for this camera that this is a known issue and they are working on a fix for it. This was a couple days ago or so.

dbstevens

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I got a a Samsung Galaxy EK-GC200 a few months ago and had no problems like this...UNTIL I registered for a Samsung account. At that point, it started deleting the Google account just like others have mentioned in this thread. I got the same sort of pointless "help" from Samsung. I tried online chat, calling them, and submitting online and it began to feel like evasiveness. The little "conspiracy theorist" voice in my head makes me think Samsung does this on purpose to force you to use that Samsung Account for apps, etc.

I also just updated the firmware, and added my Google account back. We'll see how it works.

MrTommy

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 for about six months - and so far haven't had this problem, but I'm thinking maybe it's because I didn't set up any Samsung apps, or a Google+ account.

My only problem had something to do with the camera telling me I couldn't a upload picture almost every time I tried, only to find out later that it DID upload. I brought it to the "Samsung Expert" at Best Buy, but after fooling around with it for over a half hour using his "fix-it" program, he said he didn't know what was wrong. HIS suggestion was to do a default reset - and see what happens. So I took what few pictures I actually had on the phone off, did a factory reset - and VIOLA. Problem fixed. Only problem THEN was that it downloaded all kinds of crap I didn't want when I set it up, syncing to all the stuff on my phone. After playing with it for about another half hour I deleted most of the unwanted stuff. Now life is pretty much good.

All I really wanted was a nice cool camera. All the other stuff - well. Now I'm used to uploading to Facebook from it, or sending pics in emails.

I like it a lot. ;)

JBW57

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
We bought the GC200 about a year ago and had the "losing Google Account settings" problem for the first 10 months we owned the camera.
About 2 months ago I used the camera's Settings->Software Update to check if there was an Android OS update available, and there was.
I downloaded installed the Android update (takes about 15 minutes to download on 10Mbs Wifi), and as a result the Google account settings have been properly maintained by the camera for the last 2 months and counting.

A Samsung Account had never been set up on the camera so I don't know if the Samsung account causes problems as others have mentioned is possible. You could always reset the device and then update Android to have a non Samsung Account polluted device and then add your Google Account and apps.
The Android version info for the now properly function Camera is shown below:
GC200 OS Settings.jpg

Attachments

• GC200 OS Settings.jpg
    GC200 OS Settings.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: