Samsung Pulls the Plug on ICS Update
Looks like Samsung finally discovered that the keyboard backlight does not work in their ICS update for the Captivate Glide and have pulled the plug on it.
If you did install the LH2 ICS update before, Kies won't downgrade you but instead will tell you that your phone does not support firmware upgrades through Kies. Don't worry about that message; it's a generic placeholder that in this case means "You are running a software version that is higher than the one we have available for an update." If Samsung gets around to releasing a new ICS update, Kies will allow you to install it. Yeah, we wish it was released via OTA instead of Kies but that's how Samsung and AT&T roll.
If you DID NOT install the LH2 ICS update before and are running the stock KI3 software based on Gingerbread 2.3.5, Kies won't offer your the LH2 ICS build anymore. Instead you will be offered the KL1 update, based on Gingerbread 2.3.6.
At least the new Gingerbread-based update doesn't break the keyboard backlights or landscape video playback.
Last edited by CeluGeek; 09-15-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more informativePhone: Samsung Captivate Glide with stock Gingerbread 2.3.6.
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 updated to stock ICS 4.0.4.
- 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM #2
- By Mark Eaton in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:10 AM
- By jacob2kd in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
- By ticktekk in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2011, 01:43 AM
- By yahtzee in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
- By spoid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM