Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Comparing the new and older Chromebook

Here's a very good video comparing the new budget Chromebook with the older more expensive 5 550 series.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10+Trinity

Default Re: Comparing the new and older Chromebook

There is a part of me that wants one. I need a new laptop and i believe this would be a great machine. I game and edit video but i'm building a desktop for that. I could buy a ultrabook for 900 and not be able to game or edit on it efficiently. but for 250 and then have my desktop for the big stuff its very temping
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've been on the fence for years and decided to get the 5 550 series wifi verison after carefully considering what I use a computer for. I have a high end hp laptop, which I always buy customized online and a Nexus 7, out of those devices the Chromebook is my device of choice. My laptop is a dust collector and my Nexus I use but no where near the Chromebook. This is a great budget device for the price and I wish that I've known about it three months ago. I would have brought two for price of my 550, but you do get what you pay for. For you Netflixers, you can't currently play Netflix on this device and they skimped on things naturally to get to this price.

New Chromebook brings a little fragmentation to Chrome OS — Mobile Technology News
    Last edited by kinster02; 10-20-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I absolutely love using my Chromebook 5 550 and will be getting my daughter one of these ARM based Chromebooks as her first laptop.

No fans or vents for her to block up causing overheating and it'll stop her from using both my Chromebook and my wife's laptop.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Asus Nexus 7 | Samsung Chromebook 5 550
    Android - ChromeOS - Google