Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Google unveils $249 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip

Today Google announced that a new Samsung Chromebook was going on sale for only $249.
    The device features a 11.6-inch display, 16 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, 1.7 GHz dual-core Exynos 5250 chip, and weighs only 2.4 lbs. A model with a built in 3G modem is selling for $329.
    Read more at Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip

Default Re: Google unveils $249 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip

Better late then never, the new Chromebook is already in the Google Play store. I hope more people buy these things a liven this place up.

Default Re: Google unveils $249 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip

Would I be able to plug a USB mini HD into the Chromebook and then copy photos and videos from sdhc cards from my cams onto the HD? That's mainly what I use my current netbook for when I'm on trips... to backup your stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    AzD

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raveesor View Post
    sorta a big reason i got this, hope they make it really sweet to take advantage of the droids specs
    I'm buying one, if they will ever ship it. I think they were taken off guard by how many people ordered these.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    AzD

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrappold View Post
    Would I be able to plug a USB mini HD into the Chromebook and then copy photos and videos from sdhc cards from my cams onto the HD? That's mainly what I use my current netbook for when I'm on trips... to backup your stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Yes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I bought one of these and it arrived today. So far I mostly love it, but I'm a bit annoyed that the SDCard isn't fully recessed. If you put an SDCard in it, it hangs halfway out. I had high hopes of just sticking a 32GB SDcard in there and having a lot of local storage but I'm not that fond of having the card sticking out the side 100% of the time.

Other than that somewhat minor annoyance the device is pretty great for what it is.

ROM

I'd love one, but sadly...
    Being in Australia I can't buy one through "official" channels for some time yet!

I'm still waiting on mine. Amazon hasn't shipped, can't give an ETA.

Gonna be hard to not cancel my pre-order soon with all those other temptations being announced lately.
    AzD

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    I'm still waiting on mine. Amazon hasn't shipped, can't give an ETA.

Gonna be hard to not cancel my pre-order soon with all those other temptations being announced lately.
    Same here. Not a peep from amazon on an estimated ship date. Kind of kills the point of a "pre order". If something really good gets announced Monday I may just cancel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Can u use Microsoft Office or word in this? That's the only thing I'm worried about before buying this

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

pretty sure no, you have to use google doc. with google doc, you can save in word format.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Really wish the 3G version would be LTE instead. Def. would buy one then.

Still love your Chromebook? Would you say it's better than a Samsung galaxy tab 2 or asus tf300?