Please Help!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me find the setting which would allow me to remove the 8 recent web page place holders that are positioned in the middle of the screen when a new tab is opened? I don't know how to take a screenshot or I could show you what I'm referring to.

I need them removed so I can take full advantage of seeing the theme I installed.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to, but I think I know now. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get rid of those 8 boxes either. I know you can clear the contents of the box by hovering over it with the cursor and hitting the x, but the white box remains. I'll keep messing with it and see what I can find.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for checking. Yes, I also figured out how to clear the boxes, but the search is on to learn how to remove them altogether. I figure there must be a way because none of the themes show the 8 boxes displayed.

If I find the answer before you I will surely update with my findings.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry DAS, I haven't found a way to do it. I've sent an email asking about it, but haven't heard anything back. If they have an answer, I'll be sure to let you know, but I'm not overly optimistic.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry DAS, I haven't found a way to do it. I've sent an email asking about it, but haven't heard anything back. If they have an answer, I'll be sure to let you know, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help. I keep searching, watching every YouTube video on the device I can, but still nothing.

As soon as it's discovered I'll be sure to share. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I finally got a response from the Ninja Team:

Thanks for your message. I will be assisting you throughout this process.

In regards to the question, you will not be able to remove the (8) white squares. This thumbnail view is incorporated into the browser and there is not a function that will disable this. If you would like to submit a feature request or submit feedback to our developers, please click on the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars on top of each other) in the top right hand corner, and select Report an issue.

I hope this helped answer the question. Please do inform me if there are any further questions, concerns, or clarifications I can help with.

Kind regards,

Carlos
The Chrome Ninja Team
ref:_00DU0KYL9._500U05RApd:ref

Not the best news, but at least we now know that we're not able to get rid of the boxes.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That is very sad to learn, but as you state I can stop racking my brain trying to remove the boxes myself.

I want to thank you so much for going that extra mile to help with this issue. I really appreciate it. :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci