First chromebook, possible issues/defects

Tobias Nijssen

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Today I received my first chromebook, a Samsung series 3. It feels great, although I have some doubts.

Firstly, the touchpad is not equal, I noticed that the left side of the touchpad sits flush with the top of the plastic casing, however the right part is a bit more sunken in. As a result I can't make right side clicks, or do these not exist in chrome os? Also I noticed that the touchpad makes my mouse skid a bit and multi touch scrolling is horrible. Is this just me not accustomed to a touchpad or is this thing seriously broken?

Edit: I found out about the right-click, you need to click twice. However the touchpad is still sunken in a bit on the right side. Is this normal or should I RMA to Amazon (If this is a valid reason)?

Secondly, is it normal for the chrome book to start when you lift the screen? Also does closing the screen power off the laptop or put it in hibernate?

Thirdly, I noticed the bottom part of the chromebook is bent. This is clearly noticeable when the chromebook is closed, the top and bottom do not sit flush with each other. Also the plastic around the sides of the screen is a bit loose.

Should I RMA my chromebook?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

itsjose

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Your touchpad works fine. It should hibernate when closed. but it sounds like your unit is damaged. It obviously still works but try to get it replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox