Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Samsung Chromebook Vs Macbook Air??

Hello,
    New here and wanted some input on why I would buy (other than price) a Chromebook over my Macbook Air? Several months ago I had to replace my MB Pro and tries Win8 ultrabook and hated it. S I returned it to Best Buy and got an MB Air. Now several months later, I'm regretting my decision. I really only use it for web surfing and pictures, in which I have a 1Tb external hd for. Saw the Chromebook on Google Play and thought about selling my Air and buying that? What are the advantages or disadvantages in my case??

Thanks in advance for any help resolving this!!

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Chromebook Vs Macbook Air??

Quote Originally Posted by bmc777 View Post
    Hello,
    New here and wanted some input on why I would buy (other than price) a Chromebook over my Macbook Air? Several months ago I had to replace my MB Pro and tries Win8 ultrabook and hated it. S I returned it to Best Buy and got an MB Air. Now several months later, I'm regretting my decision. I really only use it for web surfing and pictures, in which I have a 1Tb external hd for. Saw the Chromebook on Google Play and thought about selling my Air and buying that? What are the advantages or disadvantages in my case??

Thanks in advance for any help resolving this!!
    If you already own the MB Air, you're not going to benefit by switching to the Chromebook. Just download Chrome on your laptop and you'll have the benefits of the browser and its apps, extensions, etc. while retaining the other functions of a laptop (i.e., a full OS that runs other apps besides what is available through Chrome). I love my Samsung Chromebook - for $250 it was a steal - but once you've invested in the MB Air, there's no reason to switch.