- 2 Posts
How to transfer from SD card to USB portable drive using Samsung Chromebook
I am trying to figure out how to get my friend's Chromebook to allow me to download SD card jpegs and CR photos to an external USB hard drive attached to the Chromebook. The book sees both the SD card and the drive, but dragging a photo onto the drive produces nothing on the drive - I can't even drag a photo onto DOWNLOADS. I have the drive formatted for my macs - tried formatting in Mac OS-journaled, then MS-DOS (fat). Neither worked. Should I reformat it in a universal format and what would that be?
I want to use this combination for an upcoming trip where I expect to take a lot of photos. Putting them on an ipad won't work - too many, too large and I will have no wireless access. Am about to return my friend's Chromebook.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
- 06-14-2013, 05:34 PM #2
- 17 Posts
Re: How to transfer from SD card to USB portable drive using Samsung Chromebook
I will try on my CB asap, but in the meantime, I thought that I would mention that what I hear from my Mac friends is that FAT32 is the most compatible file system when going between x386 and Mac platforms.
- By chuckawd in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2013, 07:55 AM
- By larrymcg in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 5Last Post: 03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
- By stark4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
- By vastmandana in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 8Last Post: 07-21-2012, 02:08 AM
- By tmonferdini in forum Verizon Droid Incredible 2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:49 PM