1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromebooks not in BestBuy stores

Just came back from BestBuy and the salesman told me that they don't carry the Chromebooks in the stores and that there isn't a plan to do so in the future. The Acer Chromebooks can only be bought on Amazon. So how are we supposed to try this thing out first before we purchase it?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

That does suck. This is like the original Nexus. An unknown quantity that can't be tried out first.

I am leaning toward getting one for the wife, but I do wish I could try it out first. Also, they need to get Netflix working. I hope the DRM requirements are something Chome OS can handle, or I won't be getting it.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

i think the is something like a soft opening. The only people that are going to know anything about it are the techie geeks like us and we're the ones that are least likely to have issues and we'll also be the most understanding as things are still under development.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook

Do you guys know why the chromebooks are on back order??? I ordered mine on the 15th wen they were supposed to have been available and im still waiting.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by BSG75 View Post
    That does suck. This is like the original Nexus. An unknown quantity that can't be tried out first.

I am leaning toward getting one for the wife, but I do wish I could try it out first. Also, they need to get Netflix working. I hope the DRM requirements are something Chome OS can handle, or I won't be getting it.
    Netflix should work on the Chromebook just like it does on the Chrome browser right?

Default Re: Chromebooks not in BestBuy stores

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    Netflix should work on the Chromebook just like it does on the Chrome browser right?
    Netflix uses any browser, but currently it needs Silverlight and Windows DRM to work. Not sure what they do different on iOS, PS3 and Android Apps.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook