1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default most needed improvements

Since Chrome OS is brand new what does everyone want to see added

my list

#1 support for more media formats (.wmv files mostly)
    #2 a better document manager
    #3 netflix
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Samsung Series 5 Chromebook
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would love to be able to use ADB on it.

Netflix will come. By document manager do you mean file explorer? Cause for actual documents I think you're expected to use google docs. That's what I do.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

my complain on the file manager is not being able to do simple things like move files from 1 place to another. Last night i downloaded a new ROM for my Droid X on it and although it'll read the droid as an external storage device with no problem, i couldn't move the file form 1 folder to another like in windows/linux/any other OS on the planet.

I also got an error trying to upload my .mp3s to my Amazon cloud drive, although i'm not sure that's related, just annoying.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer033 View Post
    Since Chrome OS is brand new what does everyone want to see added

my list

#1 support for more media formats (.wmv files mostly)
    #2 a better document manager
    #3 netflix
    The only issue I have so far is sending to google docs. In the io session they have the option in the file manager to send to docs and box and picasa. This was determined by the web app being downloaded according the io. But I have docs and picasa apps and only picasa seems to work. I can upload from docs using the usual means, but I can't send to docs directly from the file manager. To get around this i've been using an extension called send to cloud or save to cloud or something. Is anyone else having this issue?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: most needed improvements

here's one that i keep running into.....2 windows open on the same screen together. There are some apps, but they're kind of clunky.
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Ustream plugin on AC froze the browser! Works fine on PC version. I don't think I'll keep it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Id like to see

1. Flash and flash plug-ins improved and polished, such as video chat plug-ins like tinychat (or chatroulette if thats what youre into) that dont work unless you turn off pepper flash.

2. ADB for my precious android phone

3. Netflix

4. Better file management. Hell i spent 20 mins trying to find a way to paste a downloaded rom from the Cr-48 to my USB mounted Nexus S, couldnt find a way and gave up.

Other than that, its all love
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Id like to see

1. Flash and flash plug-ins improved and polished, such as video chat plug-ins like tinychat (or chatroulette if thats what youre into) that dont work unless you turn off pepper flash.

Agreed...but I could say the same thing on most other OS's, too.

2. ADB for my precious android phone

+1,000,000,000

3. Netflix

They said it's coming, but no guarantee that CR-48's will get it.

4. Better file management. Hell i spent 20 mins trying to find a way to paste a downloaded rom from the Cr-48 to my USB mounted Nexus S, couldnt find a way and gave up.

Yep it's pretty sparse and needs to be improved.

Other than that, its all love
    See above.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I have a feeling google is still testing the waters before diving head first into development for these and investing time/money.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Netflix can be marked off the list
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Netflix is great but i finally caved and got another laptop.

I'll keep the chromebook for surfing the web and such, but it's just not quite ready to be a primary machine just yet. For now, the chromebook is going to be a coffee table computer for when i just want to check on stuff real quick like what i would use a tablet for. After the quad-core tablets come out, i may sell it and buy a tablet.

My recent glitch with it was applying for jobs. Instead of just uploading my resume, i had to go to google documents, download a copy of it, then upload it to various websites. I would like to see chromeOS treat google docs just like windows treats your my documents folder and picasa just like windows treats your pictures folder. Sure the files are physically somewhere else, but the end user shouldn't feel like he has to go out and get his files from another location. Google's services should just be baked into the OS so they're right at your fingertips.

couldn't upload .mp3s to google music
    Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

The good thing is that Google is constantly updating ChromeOS on a consistent basis. I've moved over to the developer channel for now. Hopefully in due time we will see some of the gripes taken care of. Even in the past month I've noticed some nice performance improvements. Things are looking up.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-14-2011 at 01:25 PM.