Google unveils $249 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Better late then never, the new Chromebook is already in the Google Play store. I hope more people buy these things a liven this place up.

jrappold

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Would I be able to plug a USB mini HD into the Chromebook and then copy photos and videos from sdhc cards from my cams onto the HD? That's mainly what I use my current netbook for when I'm on trips... to backup your stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
sorta a big reason i got this, hope they make it really sweet to take advantage of the droids specs

I'm buying one, if they will ever ship it. I think they were taken off guard by how many people ordered these.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Would I be able to plug a USB mini HD into the Chromebook and then copy photos and videos from sdhc cards from my cams onto the HD? That's mainly what I use my current netbook for when I'm on trips... to backup your stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Yes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gmcbay

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of these and it arrived today. So far I mostly love it, but I'm a bit annoyed that the SDCard isn't fully recessed. If you put an SDCard in it, it hangs halfway out. I had high hopes of just sticking a 32GB SDcard in there and having a lot of local storage but I'm not that fond of having the card sticking out the side 100% of the time.

Other than that somewhat minor annoyance the device is pretty great for what it is.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting on mine. Amazon hasn't shipped, can't give an ETA.

Gonna be hard to not cancel my pre-order soon with all those other temptations being announced lately.

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting on mine. Amazon hasn't shipped, can't give an ETA.

Gonna be hard to not cancel my pre-order soon with all those other temptations being announced lately.

Same here. Not a peep from amazon on an estimated ship date. Kind of kills the point of a "pre order". If something really good gets announced Monday I may just cancel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

anon(894603)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Can u use Microsoft Office or word in this? That's the only thing I'm worried about before buying this

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol