Chrome Remote Desktop

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Added the Chrome Remote Desktop to my samsung chrombook yesterday. So far so good. Just add it to your apps on your desktop computer at home and set it up to allow remote access with CRD (Requires a PIN that you will use from the CB.) Then add it to your apps on your chromebook if not preloaded (it was already there on my samsung CB.) Do the set up thing there as well and voila! In just a few seconds I was running MS Excel and Outlook from my CB! I'll be doing a little traveling this PM and I will let you know how well it works using the hot spot on my HTC Thunderbolt. Any of you have any experience with CRD?

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Worked just as advertised. I was able to check my email in outlook, read and make changes to microsoft office 2010 files (Word and Excel.) And listen to music on Windows Media Player while viewing photos. All on my Samsung Chrome book Series 3. All of this while driving down the interstate about 50 miles from home. (Someone else was doing the driving:))

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I will have to check that out. My wife likes to use our new Chromebook for work because it's so lightweight, but she had some reservations about not being able to access files easily if they're not in the cloud. Hopefully this will make things even easier for her. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hope it works out for you. So far so good on my end. Wife is the CB user here, too. She is very pleased that she can access our home computer when we are travelling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie