- 1 Posts
Upgrading to 3G?
I recently purchased the A01US version of the chromebook3 which is wi-fi- only.
I noticed on the back there there is a door where the USIM goes but inside there is a rubber tab blocking the slot.
I was wondering if this chromebook could be upgraded to the 3G like the H01US version?
Would you need to install the radio as well as the SIM tray?
I'm thinking maybe pulling one from a broken 3G model could be viable.
If anyone has done this, let me know, if not, I would love to be the first one to attempt it.
- 08-23-2013, 01:51 PM #2
Re: Upgrading to 3G?
Probably the radio is not there, BUT they use the same body for both models. It's possible but unlikely that you can obtain and install the 3G radio, or get it installed. Bottomline the hardware is not there.
- By YfzMadness in forum HTC One XReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
- By phaeton in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 18Last Post: 08-30-2013, 11:34 PM
- By ydh2323 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM
- By NotDavidMeek in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 19Last Post: 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
- By MrBigFeathers in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM