2.2 froyo update released over at XDA

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the ROM from Pastorbennett. Working great. I screwed up the back up, but that's fine. I don't forsee having to return this phone before my warranty would be up anyway, and I have no desire to go back to stock, now. Still have to reload all my apps and what not, so I'll see what the performance is like afterwards and keep the thread updated. But so far, the phone is easily about 5 times quicker than stock.

Reactions: adracamas

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and Wingo, can you pass my thanks on to bennett? I can't register onto XDA until I get somewhere that I have wifi, instead of using easytether. Apparently their reg page blocks verizon IP's

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
It's also posted here at AC, at least the Froyo ROM. I also just posted the Reboot Options for it here and on XDA as well.

damnfingers

May 16, 2011
Visit site
How computer/phone savvy do you have to be to attempt this modification? I hate this phone right now...don't know why I ever gave up my droid.

spcwingo

Jul 22, 2011
www.wingotech.net
@wildman9904: I haven't registered at XDA, I'm just a lurker. :)

@imnuts: I just tried your AOSP lockscreen and reboot options...both are working great. We appreciate your (and the guys at XDA's) hard work. If it weren't for people like ya'll this phone would be dead in the water.

EDIT: In case anyone else is looking for imnuts' thread with AOSP/reboot options...here it is:

Here

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How computer/phone savvy do you have to be to attempt this modification? I hate this phone right now...don't know why I ever gave up my droid.

Not very. The post that SPCWingo linked gives you all the links to what you'll need, and a step by step on how to do it. This was my first root, and I didn't have any problems with it at all.

nathanb131

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks also, I think I'm about to jump to the darkside as well. I think I'm willing to risk warranty fail just to de-bing and de-bloat it....

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on day 3 of this thing... I've had 2 glitches. the keyboard hung up for about a second and a half, and widget locker (My download, not included in the rom) glitched for the same amount of time. once each... other than that, the performance is excellent. I'm gonna start a new thread on saturday, after I've had a week to really play with this thing and see how long I can go between reboots before it starts acting silly. I'll put a more comprehensive review there.

Reactions: nathanb131

damnfingers

May 16, 2011
Visit site
:D I did it today and I'm so very happy!!!
Playing Stupid Zombies, downloaded Flash....life is good!
A complete noob but successful with no glitches to speak of!

Update 8/28/2011
Wow...downloaded Netflix yesterday and watched a movie! Picture quality great...no skipping.
Have had absolutely NO problems with Froyo...I actually like my Continuum now! :D

Last edited:

Fbstar

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So how exactly do I do this. I am new to Rooting and this kind of stuff, I really just want my continuum to be faster. I downloaded the "Reboot options only" and extracted it to my desktop. Now what?

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So how exactly do I do this. I am new to Rooting and this kind of stuff, I really just want my continuum to be faster. I downloaded the "Reboot options only" and extracted it to my desktop. Now what?

Well, 'Reboot options only' is a mod to 2.2, not the ROM itself. So, until you install the rom, You can't really do anything with it.
I made up a guide with all the links you will need to get this done.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...e-rooting-romming-your-phone.html#post1342175

Run through it and see if it will help you better than I could yesterday. If not, then hit the link to XDA i posted in the guide, and maybe someone can help you better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12