ICS. It could happen.

Do you think Ice Cream Sandwhich will come to the Continuum?

• Total voters
Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
This seems impractical... but I had a thought. Ice Cream Sandwich. This piece of poo phone already has softkey buttons so that part would not be difficult. Now we wait for Samsung to catch on... OR maybe one of those talented devs like imnuts or Adrynalyne could get to work. Maybe even Cyanogenmod.:):):):)

This probably wont happen though.

Last edited:

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Great idea, in theory. Here's where it falls apart (much to my sadness).
In order for us to have a TRUE 4.0 ROM, a kernel would have to be built for it. The only kernel we have the source for is 2.1 (Maybe. I'm not even sure if Samsung has released the code for that one.). 2.2 exists, as a leak, but Samsung hasn't released the source code (That one, I'm sure of.), so we can't do anything more than surface hacks to it. Much less create a custom kernel. 2.3 hasn't even been made, so the chances of Samsung making a 4.0 kernel is virtually non existent. Now, can we port a 4.0 rom, on a 2.2 leaked kernel? Yes, at least the surface. But, that doesn't go much further than an ICS theme. We won't have a true ROM, by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Great idea, in theory. Here's where it falls apart (much to my sadness).
In order for us to have a TRUE 4.0 ROM, a kernel would have to be built for it. The only kernel we have the source for is 2.1 (Maybe. I'm not even sure if Samsung has released the code for that one.). 2.2 exists, as a leak, but Samsung hasn't released the source code (That one, I'm sure of.), so we can't do anything more than surface hacks to it. Much less create a custom kernel. 2.3 hasn't even been made, so the chances of Samsung making a 4.0 kernel is virtually non existent. Now, can we port a 4.0 rom, on a 2.2 leaked kernel? Yes, at least the surface. But, that doesn't go much further than an ICS theme. We won't have a true ROM, by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sure, I understand what your saying. But look at my original post

This piece of poo phone already has softkey buttons so that part would not be difficult. Now we wait for Samsung to catch on...

This probably wont happen though

My Bubble has just been officially unbursted.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz