Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you think Ice Cream Sandwhich will come to the Continuum?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this will happen

1 8.33%
  • NO

4 33.33%
  • Maybe, but not officially

4 33.33%
  • Maybe, Officially

0 0%
  • I think penguins are cool

3 25.00%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock... for now.

Lightbulb ICS. It could happen.

This seems impractical... but I had a thought. Ice Cream Sandwich. This piece of poo phone already has softkey buttons so that part would not be difficult. Now we wait for Samsung to catch on... OR maybe one of those talented devs like imnuts or Adrynalyne could get to work. Maybe even Cyanogenmod.

This probably wont happen though.
    My bubble has been officially unbursted.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    What day of the week is i

Default Re: ICS. It could happen.

Great idea, in theory. Here's where it falls apart (much to my sadness).
    In order for us to have a TRUE 4.0 ROM, a kernel would have to be built for it. The only kernel we have the source for is 2.1 (Maybe. I'm not even sure if Samsung has released the code for that one.). 2.2 exists, as a leak, but Samsung hasn't released the source code (That one, I'm sure of.), so we can't do anything more than surface hacks to it. Much less create a custom kernel. 2.3 hasn't even been made, so the chances of Samsung making a 4.0 kernel is virtually non existent. Now, can we port a 4.0 rom, on a 2.2 leaked kernel? Yes, at least the surface. But, that doesn't go much further than an ICS theme. We won't have a true ROM, by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by wildman9904 View Post
    Great idea, in theory. Here's where it falls apart (much to my sadness).
    In order for us to have a TRUE 4.0 ROM, a kernel would have to be built for it. The only kernel we have the source for is 2.1 (Maybe. I'm not even sure if Samsung has released the code for that one.). 2.2 exists, as a leak, but Samsung hasn't released the source code (That one, I'm sure of.), so we can't do anything more than surface hacks to it. Much less create a custom kernel. 2.3 hasn't even been made, so the chances of Samsung making a 4.0 kernel is virtually non existent. Now, can we port a 4.0 rom, on a 2.2 leaked kernel? Yes, at least the surface. But, that doesn't go much further than an ICS theme. We won't have a true ROM, by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Sure, I understand what your saying. But look at my original post

Quote Originally Posted by DownwithTouchWiz View Post
    This piece of poo phone already has softkey buttons so that part would not be difficult. Now we wait for Samsung to catch on...

Quote Originally Posted by DownwithTouchWiz View Post
    This probably wont happen though

My Bubble has just been officially unbursted.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    What day of the week is i

lol. I recant my previous bursting, then.

just hope this will happen:-
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock... for now.

So do I!