Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extracting alarm tones

I just got a Matorola Atrix 2, and after my many frustrations with the continuum (most of which stem from the lack of the promised 2.2 update), I'm loving my Moto.

That being said, there is one thing I miss. The continuum had great alarm tones. It was always very pleasant waking up using Morning/Forest etc. combined with the smart alarm function. The Atrix has a gradual volume option, but it doesn't have those great tones. Is there any way I can extract them (rooting is not an option, the Continuum is a company asset); or if not, does anyone know where I can get them/can anyone post them somewhere? I'm assuming that the tones are probably standard Samsung fare.

Thanks in advance!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    What day of the week is i

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTDK View Post
    I just got a Matorola Atrix 2, and after my many frustrations with the continuum (most of which stem from the lack of the promised 2.2 update), I'm loving my Moto.

That being said, there is one thing I miss. The continuum had great alarm tones. It was always very pleasant waking up using Morning/Forest etc. combined with the smart alarm function. The Atrix has a gradual volume option, but it doesn't have those great tones. Is there any way I can extract them (rooting is not an option, the Continuum is a company asset); or if not, does anyone know where I can get them/can anyone post them somewhere? I'm assuming that the tones are probably standard Samsung fare.

Thanks in advance!
    I'll pull them and post tomorrow

EDIT here is the link to all media files.. I couldn't keep them in their separate folders for upload (thank dropbox) so just put the ones you want in your phone as sounds. You'll have to talk to someone more familiar with moto ui for that one.
    http://db.tt/aOahVxif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Extracting alarm tones

Quote Originally Posted by wildman9904 View Post

I'll pull them and post tomorrow

EDIT here is the link to all media files.. I couldn't keep them in their separate folders for upload (thank dropbox) so just put the ones you want in your phone as sounds. You'll have to talk to someone more familiar with moto ui for that one.
    http://db.tt/aOahVxif
    I sure appreciate your efforts, but that link seems to be 404'd. Don't worry, I can handle the importing.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Awesome. Half-way there. Now I just need the alarm tones (Morning, Breeze, Mist etc). Thank you again for uploading the ring tones.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM

They weren't in there? Oh, they are in the UI. Give me 15 minutes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30171389/sounds/ui.zip
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Cool Re: Extracting alarm tones

YOU, sir, are the man.

You know when they talk about "the man?"

That would be you.

Thank you.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by WraithTDK View Post
    YOU, sir, are the man.

You know when they talk about "the man?"

That would be you.

Thank you.
    No problem. Glad I could help

Dear Friend,
    I need the same ringtones. But this URL "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30171389/sounds/ui.zip" is landing on error page now. Could you please help?

Thanks in advance.