2.2 Now Available @ Verizon

BadFish2

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just for sh#ts and giggles I decided to scroll through my Continuum
and check in vain if there was an update available.
Imagine my amazement when "Update Available" showed up.
What? Are you F@#king kidding?:pThis must be for something else right?
It downloaded a small update that took about 2 minutes.
It rebooted and on the boot screen there's a pic of Android jumping from a box.
Media scan complete and BEHOLD :D
"Android Froyo 2.2 is available for download"

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,we,we,
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Download complete and 2.2 is unboxing as I type:cool:

So far a smooth transition.

Hope everyone else can get this.

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I am amazed that Verizon showed any motivation what so ever in getting froyo out to stock. I'm curious, What are your kernel, baseband, build, and firmware numbers (all can be found in settings/about phone, at the bottom). I'm wondering if they match the leaked version I'm running, that appeared in June. Thanks.

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup. reverted and upgraded earlier today. s1c 2.3.3 roots after reboot. I'm working on making a prerooted deodexed flashable, now. Give me a day or so, and I'll have it set up, for those who want it.

yoursinsn2me

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
This update completely effed up my phone. I was so psyched to finally get 2.2 and now I wish I hadn't. All day I have not had voice OR data connection, the haptic feedback keeps bumping like it's doing something, and I have had alternating "Sorry! Activity Android System (in process system) is not responding" or "Sorry! Process system is not responding" and gives me the Force close or Wait options. Neither are effective. Then, because I use LauncherPro, I get the screen that asks "Complete action using (LauncherPro) or (TwLauncher)" and again, will not let me choose anything. The only softkey that seems to work is the Home key. I have done about five battery pulls today, and I am thisclose to doing a factory reset, even though I dread that because I haven't run a backup recently. I am posting here hoping someone might have an answer that will keep me from having to do a backup.

detex

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you're update turned your phone into a turd.
My update on the other hand won't even update! I updated this morning the first update (EB01) and then I keep trying to update to the second one which is the actual froyo (EB09) and the stupid phone won't do anything! I click check new under system updates and it says Connecting... and then it says 'Check for System Updates under Settings > About Phone when service is available'. I've had service all day, almost all my bars, (I've tried this like 50 times), and tried on wifi even and it keeps saying the same thing :mad:! Is anyone else getting this problem? Does anyone know anything I can try? I've tried soft and hard resets, and removing the battery. BLAH!

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This update completely effed up my phone. I was so psyched to finally get 2.2 and now I wish I hadn't. All day I have not had voice OR data connection, the haptic feedback keeps bumping like it's doing something, and I have had alternating "Sorry! Activity Android System (in process system) is not responding" or "Sorry! Process system is not responding" and gives me the Force close or Wait options. Neither are effective. Then, because I use LauncherPro, I get the screen that asks "Complete action using (LauncherPro) or (TwLauncher)" and again, will not let me choose anything. The only softkey that seems to work is the Home key. I have done about five battery pulls today, and I am thisclose to doing a factory reset, even though I dread that because I haven't run a backup recently. I am posting here hoping someone might have an answer that will keep me from having to do a backup.

You might try clearing your cache. Reboot into recovery (vol up, down and power at the same time). and navigate to clear cache with vol keys and camera to select.
Beyond that, I can't really think of anything that would let you avoid a reset

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
When the same update went to my previous phone, a fascinate, I stopped receiving texts and phone calls. Update my Continuum... Bye-Bye adequacy for this phone! Samsung=Never Again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120