acomisp

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for help with my Samsung Galaxy s i400 phone.
I would like to change how the WiFi and Skype work on my phone.

Can this phone Wifi work with out a phone plan "verzion service"? can it be hack so that the Wifi still works with out a phone company.

I would also like to get skype to work though the wifi connection to

The big question I have is, can this work?
and HOW?

I have heard of root the phone, is this what I need to do?
I don't want to turn my phone into a brick so please give good advice and instruction.

Best Regards,

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for help with my Samsung Galaxy s i400 phone.
I would like to change how the WiFi and Skype work on my phone.

Can this phone Wifi work with out a phone plan "verzion service"? can it be hack so that the Wifi still works with out a phone company.

I would also like to get skype to work though the wifi connection to

The big question I have is, can this work?
and HOW?

I have heard of root the phone, is this what I need to do?
I don't want to turn my phone into a brick so please give good advice and instruction.

Best Regards,

OK. You don't need to do anything to the phone in order for it to be 'wifi only'. The wifi capabilities aren't dependent on whether you are using a carrier or not. Simply take the phone off of whatever plan you have it on (if any) and continue using the wifi as you always have. As for skype, That is an app. It uses data connections, and it shouldn't care whether it's wifi or evdo (Verizon's CDMA band). I will say this. If you are looking to video chat with this phone, it does not have a front facing camera (as I'm sure you are aware). So, the capabilities are going to be limited. I'm assuming that you are wanting to use skype as a way to make and recieve calls using data (wifi) as opposed to verzion's plan. If that is the case, skype should be fine, along with Google voice and a few others.
The upshot of this novel, is that your phone is capable of doing what you are wanting to do without altering it in any way. If you have any other questions, or if you still want to consider rooting for another reason, feel free to ask. I'll be happy to help you with whatever I can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers