Samsung Continuum SCH-I400 EG04 Gingerbread ROM

alaneddy

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Im new to these areas, so I hope this is allowed, if not, please be gentle :)

Samsung Continuum SCH-I400 Gingerbread EG04 ROM.

Hardware Version: I400.0.6
Firmware Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: S:i400.0.6V.EG04
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7gf36e7e1-dirty
Build Number: SCH-I400.EG04

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told this was a release for the continuum that "never made it" out of development. I have been running this for about a week now, and must say, it is a little nicer than froyo. I have noticed a slight decrease in battery life, but only by 15-20 mins out of a 12 hr. day. Flashes fine with Odin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File Name: GB_233_EG04.ZIP

Files in ZIP: garnett_3.0.pit -- 1.57k
SCH-I400-EG04-GINGER-REL.tar.md5 -- 341mb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

link -- http://www.alaneddy.darktech.org/GB_233_EG04.ZIP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy :)

alaneddy

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How to install EG04 Gingerbread ROM onto your Samsung Continuum SCH-I400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Download and install USB Drivers from Samsung's website.

2 - Download and install Odin Flashing Program.

3 - Reboot phone into DOWNLOAD mode. Accomplished by holding VOL-MINUS & POWER at the same time. When you see the SAMSUNG logo appear, turn loose of all the buttons. You should be in DOWNLOAD mode now.

4 - Start Odin.

5 - Connect phone to computer via USB cable.

6 - Odin should now show a "Device" on a COM port.

7 - Choose PIT file using the PIT button.

8 - Choose ROM file using PDA button.

9 - The REPARTITION box is checked - AUTO REBOOT box is checked - F. RESET TIME box is checked.

10 - Choose START button to begin flash.

11 - DO NOT TURN PHONE OFF OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR PHONE while flashing the ROM.

12 - When ROM is completed the COM port will turn green with a SUCCESS message, then phone will reboot by itself.

13 - First reboot can take a few minutes while everything is written to caches. HAVE PATIENCE :)

14 - Enjoy some GB!

PS: I take no credit for this ROM. I got lucky and found it in a few pieces, and just joined the 2 files together, then packaged it with the PIT file. I wish I knew who actually found this, I would personally like to thank them for it.

wdanforth

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This worked perfectly. Took an old Verizon phone and switched it over to Straight Talk then upgraded to 2.3.3

Now if I could find a way to remove all the Verizon bloatware, I would be all set.

Steven Thom

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you... it worked for me. I wanted my wife's old SCH-1400 to work as a wifi streaming audio device but iHeart Radio wasn't available. Now it works great and all is well. I now have a GB audio player!

jhyry

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi.... I know this is an old thread, but I just pulled out my Continuum and reconnected/activated it on one of my lines, and was wondering if this ever got Gingerbread.... it's good to see that it did, even if it was just a dev image!!! This is basically my favorite device across years of various other older and newer devices. Unfortunately, it appears your link is dead. I'd really like to update so I can run some more modern apps that have a min OS version of 2.3. Does anyone know where I can still get these files?

jhyry

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
So... funny story... Almost 2 years later I now find a new use for my Continuum (as a security camera) and I found links to the files on another forum! Here!
I just flashed my device and it works!!! Very exciting :) I have reposted the files as a 7z archive on my Google Drive for anyone who may be interested: Continuum Gingerbread Files

jhyry

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Some words of note: Follow the instructions in the word document EXACTLY.
Use the USB driver in the package. I tried a newer version of the driver and it did not work.
I tried this on my Windows 10 machine and it did not work, even with trying various combinations of compatibility options. Thankfully my wife's computer still is running Windows 7.
Here's how I got it working:
- Install everything in the package. I had to install one of the utilities in compatibility mode.
- After some trial and error, I discovered that the PSTLite application works for flashing the Continuum with the following compatibility settings:
> Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
> Run as Administrator.

This allowed me to flash the EG04 (2.3.3 Gingerbread) stock ROM, then use SuperOneClick to root the device. I doubt anyone is still thinking about this phone... but posting this just in case.

EpicPotatohead

May 20, 2018
Visit site
This is good info, and a huge, HUGE thank you for re-hosting those files. Many many thanks. However, there's a much easier way to upgrade this phone. Mine was Android 2.1, and went to 2.3.3 with this. I did this with Windows 10 with no need to launch any programs in compatibility mode. Your mileage may vary, you might brick your phone, etc, etc. But this is what worked for me.

Also, I had the Samsung USB driver for this phone installed. I don't know if this is strictly necessary. I'd installed it because I was trying to connect to the phone with Samsung Kies and having no luck. That file is here (click on the "software" link): https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...uct%2Fgalaxy-continuum-verizon&token=vJm5BeUO

The Odin thing may work without this; I do not know. Again, YMMV.

1. Download Odin (I used 3.12.3) https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
2. Unzip the Continuum Gingerbread Files linked above
3. Open Odin, click on the AP button and select SCH-I400-EG04-GINGER-REL.tar.md5 from the files you just unzipped. Leave all the other checkboxes alone.
4. Take the battery out of the phone and plug it into your computer.
5. Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons. The screen should show "Download Mode"
6. In Odin, click "Start"
7. After a few minutes, Odin should say "success" or "passed" or something (I don't recall exactly), and the phone's screen will go dark.
8. Unplug phone, replace the battery, turn on phone. It should be running Android 2.3.3 now.

I hope this helps someone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7