3rd party launchers, think they'll work right?

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a thought while watching the hands on video and now I'm not sure about this phone. I'm not saying that these things might be impossible, but would loading ROMs or a 3rd party launcher potentially make it harder to use the ticker? It seems like you can think of the ticker as a widget, to a certain degree, and once you load Launcher Pro on there you could lose the widget. Maybe there's something about it that I don't understand, and ultimately I have other phones in my sights, but this is a valid question for someone to ask before getting this phone.

What do we think, gang?

Reactions: Curiosity#AC

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm aware of Phil's "ask a question, win a card" thread, but I already asked one there and I don't want to seem greedy, just legitimately curious.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i think itll work perfectly fine.

it may be a whole different story porting roms, but the developers will have something completely different to work with. or possibly it could be exactly the same/similar as other galaxy s, and the only people who will have to deal with writing programs for the ticker will be app devs and other devs who are interested in doing something with the ticker

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I think it'll be fine as well for normal usage. The ticker seems like something that developers can integrate with if they decide to and if not, then it will just be there and work with the stuff it was designed for but not interfere with other things while doing it.

tybo611

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the continuum and have downloaded and only run the LPP thanks to Titanium Backup. Must have, so much more intuitive than the TWlauncher. Also allows you to get rid of BING :). allows to reset phone search options to completely use google

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781