Ticker issues with Handcent usage?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my fiance the Continuum and so far so great! Just wondering if anybody has downloaded and started using Handcent (the best app I have found for messaging)?

It appears the ticker doesn't play nice with the app as clearing the notification for a new message thru Handcent doesn't clear the ticker notification about a message thru the native messaging system. Any thoughts? Email needed to the developer for an update maybe?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just bought my fiance the Continuum and so far so great! Just wondering if anybody has downloaded and started using Handcent (the best app I have found for messaging)?

It appears the ticker doesn't play nice with the app as clearing the notification for a new message thru Handcent doesn't clear the ticker notification about a message thru the native messaging system. Any thoughts? Email needed to the developer for an update maybe?

yeah thats what i suggest email them im sure the more requests they get for update the more they will be inclined to move on it

neechi

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience with GO SMS as well - I really liked the app - but ended up uninstalling it because it didn't play well with the Ticker.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Most apps arent going to play well with the ticker at this point because they have to be written to specifically support it. Until that happens it may just be best to use the built in apps or even turn the ticker notifications off if using 3rd party apps. Hopefully they start supporting the ticker option soon.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is difficult as Ticker can only be off or on, you can't choose which ones you want to see. Funny part is it seems sometimes the native messaging app doesn't clear the ticker icon. If devs aren't going to work with this nice little feature, sales for this device are never going to get off the ground.

My fiancee mostly got the phone for the nice size for her slender hands, but I advised that I assumed even if there wasn't much to the ticker to start out, that improvements would be made along the way....hope I don't have to eat my words on that one!