1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Downloading my VZW OTA update now!!

Will post once I see if it's MR like fascinate (probably).
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

f/w version 2.1-update1
    build: SCH-I400_DL17

Any issues? I read that the Fascinate update crippled the USB mass storage functionality.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radyoactive View Post
    Any issues? I read that the Fascinate update crippled the USB mass storage functionality.
    I haven't had a chance to play with it much- including the USB mass storage. In general the phone seems snappier, but my GPS seems a little off... before the update when I'd launch GM, it would place me a few blocks from my actual location, but correct within about 5 seconds. Since the update, I'm seeing it occasionally take longer to correct.

I'll try USB storage later today and post...

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom

Downloading right now. Any changelog found for this OTA? This isn't Froyo right? Just a TouchWiz maintenance?
    Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO > Evo 3D > Samsung GSIII on VZW

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by radyoactive View Post
    Yea verizon kind of set it up so you need to need to use their software to get connectivity.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

If it comes down to it, if there is some (working) source code, we (the SF community) have fixed our cd rom issues. The same can be done for you folks.

ROM
    EB01 SC 2.4

Samsung Continuum with DL17 OTA update, rooted, stock kernel, no rom, all bloat in place, de-binged, wifi tether on board. (wife's phone).

USB mount on MAC no longer working. Tried with USB debug on/off and USB mass storage/media player toggled both ways. I get a different error with this phone then my Fascinate using the following steps:

1. Enable USB Debugging
    2. Open Finder and plug in USB cable in computer and phone
    3. Verizon_mobile will show up for 30 seconds in Finder and go away
    4. On the phone notification pulldown select "USB connected" and select "Mount"
    5. wait 30+ seconds
    6. Error is triggered, "This disk you inserted was not readable by this computer", but what is different from this phone from my Fascinate is the option to "Initalize", along with ignore and reject. This error will clear in another 30 seconds.

Selecting Initialize brings you to disk utility, where not much can be done.

This is no fix, but interesting none the less the slight differences between the Continuum and the Fascinate.

I got it working in windows XP, but cant recall the steps. I'll reboot in to XP and post the steps later. Still can't get my Fascinate to work in XP the using the same method though, so just another slight difference.

Nice to see some of the great folks from the Fascinate forum here too.

ROM
    EB01 SC 2.4

Now in Windows XP

Step 1: Enable USB debugging
    Step 2: Plug cable into computer and then into phone
    Step 3: With "My Computer" open to monitor the situation watch for the following: Verizon Mobile "your drive letter" shows up as a cd rom and then within a few seconds resorts to "Removable Disk <your drive letter>"
    Step 4: the disk is not usable yet. On the Phone Drop down the notification window and select "USB Connected".
    Step 5: Select "Mount"

Now the SD card is available for use.

Fascinate folks, this does not work for us.

I am going a bit from memory, but the first time I connected the phone, it opened a VZ web page and a popup prompted me to install some drivers (already had drivers installed for my Fasciante/Oden setup) so these drivers were different.

Again only works with USB dedug on.

Cheers!
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

I can fix this for you if there is some (working) Continuum source floating around.
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Looks like you guys are in luck, I found source.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Update and the ticker

Is anyone else having an issue with RSS feeds and the ticker? Ever since I upgraded My rss feeds have not been delivered. The "refresh" option is not able to be selected from the menu options.