Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I'm at work so you need to either wait for my bosses to leave or just ask here and wait for a response, they should be gone in about an hour or so
    Okay, no problem.
    So It finished installing. I went to reboot system now. It shows the samsung logo and I can hear the music play but after that, it's a black screen. Am I just supposed to wait?

edit: magic happened. and it's back on now

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeKid View Post
    Okay, no problem.
    So It finished installing. I went to reboot system now. It shows the samsung logo and I can hear the music play but after that, it's a black screen. Am I just supposed to wait?
    yes it just doesnt have boot animation, initial boot time if dalvik was wiped should be approx 4 mins
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Hey man, thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Hey man, thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
    very welcome

OK, I'm really excited about getting this custom ROM installed but I am running into a problem.

Every time I try to "apply update.zip" to get ClockworkMod installed I get an error saying the file doesn't have a signature.

Please help. Thanks.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by iamryfly View Post
    OK, I'm really excited about getting this custom ROM installed but I am running into a problem.

Every time I try to "apply update.zip" to get ClockworkMod installed I get an error saying the file doesn't have a signature.

Please help. Thanks.
    did you follow my instructions a couple posts back?

Alright DroidXcon, I finally got into but I have been stuck at wiping cache... for a more than a few minutes. Does it usually take this long or do I have to start over again?

(Patience is a virtue I just don't have)

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Alright DroidXcon, I finally got into but I have been stuck at wiping cache... for a more than a few minutes. Does it usually take this long or do I have to start over again?

(Patience is a virtue I just don't have)
    shouldnt take that long,,,, that happened to me when i first had my fascinate so i just wiped cache in stock recovery and it worked after that

That worked - thanks for your help thus far, I really appreciate it.

So I got through all of your instructions, and successfully installed the ROM. However, when I reboot all I get is the Samsung screen and then it goes to black. It doesn't appear it is doing anything. I tried the exact instructions again and I'm still getting the same problem.

It appears I turned my phone into an expensive paperweight. Should I do a complete factory reset before I update? (I did back everything up using Titanium Backup)

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

That worked - thanks for your help thus far, I really appreciate it.

So I got through all of your instructions, and successfully installed the ROM. However, when I reboot all I get is the Samsung screen and then it goes to black. It doesn't appear it is doing anything. I tried the exact instructions again and I'm still getting the same problem.

It appears I turned my phone into an expensive paperweight.
    no let it boot, takes approx 4 to 5 minutes, the boot animation has not been incorporated yet

Thanks DroidXCon - I just bought you a Macchiato!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Thanks DroidXCon - I just bought you a Macchiato!
    thanks , enjoy the rom

ROM
    Vicious Jelly Bean V3

It's not doing anything when I hit the camera button.
    I believe you use the Power button instead of the Camera button to select the option highlighted.

ROM
    Vicious Jelly Bean V3

Question:
    Is there any harm in wiping your Dalvik Cache after your new ROM is installed?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by sytech55 View Post
    Question:
    Is there any harm in wiping your Dalvik Cache after your new ROM is installed?
    no but on reboot it will take several minutes to rebuild.

also i fixed that part in the post i did, power button on stock recovery shouldnt do anything im pretty sure it was the menu button to make the apply sdcard:update.zip but im sure someone can verify that for me.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Normally I am a Fascinate guy, but I just received a text from my Mom saying that my little brother bricked his Continuum after rooting it. I won't be able to talk to him until tonight after his track meet, so I am trying to prepare now. It would seem that alot of the rooting process is the same between the two phones, depending on what exactly he did, I think I will have him ODIN CWM to the phone and load Adry's ROM to his SD card. I may be looking for some advice over here in the next couple of days.

Is there an ODIN package that he can flash to return to stock, or maybe an all-inclusive like the ones for the Fascinate?

I thank you in advance, this has been the most helpful forum!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by 10001110101 View Post
    Normally I am a Fascinate guy, but I just received a text from my Mom saying that my little brother bricked his Continuum after rooting it. I won't be able to talk to him until tonight after his track meet, so I am trying to prepare now. It would seem that alot of the rooting process is the same between the two phones, depending on what exactly he did, I think I will have him ODIN CWM to the phone and load Adry's ROM to his SD card. I may be looking for some advice over here in the next couple of days.

Is there an ODIN package that he can flash to return to stock, or maybe an all-inclusive like the ones for the Fascinate?

I thank you in advance, this has been the most helpful forum!
    well there is no full odin package, somewhere i have a version that includes everything but the modem. I cant imagine what he did to brick his phone during rooting. flashing cwm will work but he will need to put the update.zip on his sdcard which will require a card reader. At worst ill ask Adrynalyne or imnuts to make a package if my older one doesnt work. Ill keep an eye out for you tonight if im not to swamped at work. and any other details about the "brick" will help but post it in my rooting thread as i dont want to clutter Adrynalynes thread unless it is rom related.

ROM
    Vicious Jelly Bean V3

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    no but on reboot it will take several minutes to rebuild.

also i fixed that part in the post i did, power button on stock recovery shouldnt do anything im pretty sure it was the menu button to make the apply sdcard:update.zip but im sure someone can verify that for me.
    DroidXcon:
    You're right about the Menu key, not the Power button I was talking about.
    Thanks for clearing the air.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by sytech55 View Post
    DroidXcon:
    You're right about the Menu key, not the Power button I was talking about.
    Thanks for clearing the air.
    Thank you for verifying that, but if you are in clockwork then yes power button is used for selecting.

Ok im off to work if anyone needs help post and i'll get back to you ASAP

Okay so I'm a complete noob (obviously, first post :P) and I reaaally appriciate the walk through posted earlier. I'm probably going to do this tomorrow, but I have a couple questions first.

1.) Will this mess up the phone part of my phone in any way at all? I mean I'm still going to be able to make calls etc using my phone as normal, right? Not through google voice etc?

2.) What are the advatages/disadvantages of me doing this? Just that it runs faster and it removes all teh bloatware etc?

3.) Can I just remove the bloatware myself using some program and without completely installing a new ROM or not?

4.) If I do this, is there any way to get my phone back to fully working stock form? I mean Verizon is obviously going to tell me to go screw myself if I go to upgrade this phone when my contract is up and it's a different ROM right? Lol.

Thank you for all of your help. I hope I can help in my own ways with the development for this phone as I honestly LOVE it.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by tramai View Post
    1.) Will this mess up the phone part of my phone in any way at all? I mean I'm still going to be able to make calls etc using my phone as normal, right? Not through google voice etc?.
    No it should not effect the modem/radio of the phone, worst comes to worst there is a modem that is not the stock one but it will def get your phone working but if you follow the directions this is highly unlikely

2.) What are the advatages/disadvantages of me doing this? Just that it runs faster and it removes all teh bloatware etc?
    it not only removes verizon and samsung bloatware it adds alot of custom touches that make the experience really nice this is still a beta version and since i donated my phone to get this rom made i havnt been able to test it out but if its anything like the fascinate versions it will be great

3.) Can I just remove the bloatware myself using some program and without completely installing a new ROM or not?
    you could do it yourself using root explorer but its kind of tedious, but there is another rom in this forum that you just flash and its a debloated version of stock everything is done for you

4.) If I do this, is there any way to get my phone back to fully working stock form? I mean Verizon is obviously going to tell me to go screw myself if I go to upgrade this phone when my contract is up and it's a different ROM right? Lol.
    yes there are odin files that can get you very close to stock,,,but honestly almost everyone i have heard that have taken their phones in modified get it replaced without many questions if any at all

ROM

Anyone want to leave some feedback? How has it been working for you?

ROM
    AOKP

Yeah, how is it running overall?

Its running perfect for me. The only thing was the browser fcing.

Sent from my space time continuum!

ROM
    EB01 SC 2.4

No issues here, very solid ROM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast