Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92
  1. #51  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Adrynalyne, how do I install this?
    thx
  2. #52  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Oh, and will it work on my fascinate?
    thx
  3. #53  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Sorry, spoke too soon, went back and read posts. One problem. I only have a Mac and have Vmware fusion, will odin work with this?
  4. #54  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    Sorry, spoke too soon, went back and read posts. One problem. I only have a Mac and have Vmware fusion, will odin work with this?
    If you are able to use Odin follow the directions i posted earlier

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Please do not use rom manager!!!!
    if you have flashed rom manager, please go to your SD card and delete the file called update.zip

    then download the rom from the 1st post and place it on your sd card, on the root of it (meaning not inside any folders)

    Also download the new update.zip you will need also place this on the root of your SD card

    then follow these directions

    Installing with odin:
    1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found <-ignore, but these drivers should work for continuum aswell
    2. Download the ODIN file
    3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    5. Remove battery from phone.
    6. Launch ODIN on PC.
    7. Plug USB cable into phone.
    8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
    9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
    10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
    11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
    12. Choose the file cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar which can be downloaded
    13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button

    For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

    After the above process is done DO NOT turn your phone on (if you do you will need to flash with odin again)

    Entering clockwork recovery
    Place the battery back in the phone
    With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
    Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
    This will lead you into blue recovery, with the volume keys scroll to
    apply sdcard:update.zip then hit the menu button.
    this will lead you into clockwork

    Once in clockwork you use power button to make selections

    Wiping Cache partition:
    This will not erase any contacts or apps.
    This should be done everytime a new rom is flashed.
    If caught in a force close loop it is usually a good idea to go back and wipe cache again

    To initiate a Cache partition wipe from clockwork



    ********************************************************************************************************
    Wiping Dalvik Cache:
    This will not erase any contacts or apps.
    Although not necessary to be done before every rom it is a good idea to wipe.
    Dalvik cache can grow very large the more apps you had before flashing the new rom
    the longer it will take to boot the new one as it will build upon the already large Dalvik cache.
    So making it a habit to wipe dalvik cache can only help you .

    To initiate a Dalvik cache wipe from clockwork


    To flash the rom follow the directions below using the power button to select items
    tw_clock is just an example , use the rom you placed on your sdcard instead... if it asks you yes or no to proceed scroll down and select yes
    unlike the picture below i believe the back button instead of the search button is used to go back, If anyone has input on key configuration let me know since i dont have a continuum to test this on.


    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. #55  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    thanks!, but just to clarify, do I unzip the folders when i put it on the sd card? or leave it as a zip.

    Do I run cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar instead of the DL17 or before it or not at all?
    sorry for being neeeewbiiiieee
  6. #56  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    ok, did everything above, when i go into recovery mode after the second flash the samsung logo just slowly fades then comes back then fades again. no other screen, any ideas?
  7. #57  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    its official. I have a brick !
  8. #58  

    Default

    Works great as far as I can tell. Only issue I have is you took away my calculator.
  9. #59  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    thanks!, but just to clarify, do I unzip the folders when i put it on the sd card? or leave it as a zip.

    Do I run cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar instead of the DL17 or before it or not at all?
    sorry for being neeeewbiiiieee
    Not sure where you are getting the DL17 as in the last post i sent i didnt mention anything about DL17, nor did i say to unzip anything so it should go on your SD card as is

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    ok, did everything above, when i go into recovery mode after the second flash the samsung logo just slowly fades then comes back then fades again. no other screen, any ideas?
    did you flash the tar file with battery out, then pull the cord after it was done, put the battery back in then do the 3 button combo

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    its official. I have a brick !
    Your phone doesnt turn on, you cant see any signs of life? no samsung logo, no recovery, no picture of a phone...exclamation point....computer?

    did your battery have a charge before you started all of this ?
    by no means should you have a brick nothing in any of these procedures could cause a true brick. maybe a difficult situation but not a brick
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  10. #60  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Yes, I flashed it with the bat out, Then unplugged, put bat in held the up,down, power for 2 flashes, then it just shows samsung logo, and loops into a fade. I tried to re flash, everything goes through ( passed), then I even tried to power up, same thing fading loop. Right now im pluged into a pc with the yellow triangle awaiting for further instructions :-)
  11. #61  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Oh yes the batt was fully charged
  12. #62  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    were any other steps taken before you flashed cwm or did it just fail to do anything after your very first attempt? is it saying (successful 1/ fail 0) in the odin log box?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. #63  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Actually, I didnt fail st sll, It still Says successful 1 /fail 0
    Is there a tar from my dropbox backup I should be using?
  14. #64  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    Actually, I didnt fail st sll, It still Says successful 1 /fail 0
    Is there a tar from my dropbox backup I should be using?
    Do you have Gtalk ?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  15. #65  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    no, but i can pm you my voip # or msgr or skype
  16. #66  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    no, but i can pm you my voip # or msgr or skype
    since i dont have a phone
    pm me your msgr account
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  17. #67  
    newstang's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default

    Sent it, checking to see if you got it
    thx
  18. #68  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newstang View Post
    Sent it, checking to see if you got it
    thx
    yeah i responded
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  19. #69  
    zombiebot's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    DXC, thank you a ton!
    The screenshot how-to stickies are especially helpful for us learners.
    Much appreciated.
    Droid Charge
    Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 RC1.5

    just saying...
  20. #70  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiebot View Post
    DXC, thank you a ton!
    The screenshot how-to stickies are especially helpful for us learners.
    Much appreciated.
    Very welcome
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  21. #71  

    Default [FIX] Browser/Ticker fix for CONTINUUM CLEAN ROM

    I am still new at android, however I think I can finally give back some love after the awesome devs here have given us so much with our phones..

    Here are the steps I took to fix the browser crash and FC issue in this ROM. My wife's continuum no longer has FC with browser and ticker is working 100%.

    PLEASE READ THIS!
    What I did may or may not work for your phone...every phone is different..make a nandroid backup, and be very careful what you are modifying.. i take no responsibility for borking or bricking your phone, all i know is these steps worked on the continuum my wife has. I strongly suggest that you follow all the instructions, however if the mighty devs see that something can be eliminated, please pipe up

    OK on to the goodies..

    you will need the following files and programs..

    1. PROGRAM: root explorer (or other compatible file explorer that can change .apk permissions)

    2. FILE: download the "alternate" browser fix to your SD card from the original post :

    Do the 3 finger salute to boot into RED CWM and flash the browser file you downloaded to your SD card.. reboot after flash..

    OK.. open root explorer and make sure you select "MOUNT R/W" permissions from the top box.

    1. navigate to the main root directory "/" .. and long press the DEFAULT.PROP file and scroll down the menu to select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR..you will see 4 settings listed..make sure they are set to

    ro.secure=1
    ro.debuggable=0
    persist.service.adb=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0

    if not, change them to that and save it..if using root explorer it will auto save a backup to your card.

    TURN OFF PHONE COMPLETELY AND REBOOT...

    2. navigate to /SYSTEM/APP (make sure your MOUNT R/W is selected still) and long press the browser.apk file..from the menu select permissions.. they should look like this... with X meaning selected and O meaning not selected..

    IMPORTANT NOTE!!! if you have to change any of the settings in permissions for any of these files you MUST hit OK at the bottom after the change or it will not stick and will cancel if you use the "back" button instead of hitting OK..

    X X 0
    X 0 0
    X 0 0

    3. scroll to top and select parent folder twice to get back to main root directory "/" and then go into /DATA/DATA and long press the file "com.android.browser" select permissions and make sure they are like this..

    X X X
    X O X
    O O X

    select OK and then

    4. select parent folder twice to get back to root "/".. navigate to /DBDATA/DATABASES/ and long press "com.android.browser" and select permissions to look like this..

    X X X
    X X X
    O O X

    select OK and then...

    POWER OFF PHONE AND REBOOT...

    when reboot is complete, pull the battery for 30 seconds...reinsert battery and boot..

    problem was solved after making those changes..

    IF YOUR TICKER IS NOT WORKING..

    go to settings/sound and display

    deselect auto brightness, powersaving mode and grip sensor..

    the ticker started working immediately after exiting settings, and the browser fix connected to the feeds and opened like normal..
    Thanked by:
  22. #72  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjake1970 View Post
    I am still new at android, however I think I can finally give back some love after the awesome devs here have given us so much with our phones..

    Here are the steps I took to fix the browser crash and FC issue in this ROM. My wife's continuum no longer has FC with browser and ticker is working 100%.

    PLEASE READ THIS!
    What I did may or may not work for your phone...every phone is different..make a nandroid backup, and be very careful what you are modifying.. i take no responsibility for borking or bricking your phone, all i know is these steps worked on the continuum my wife has. I strongly suggest that you follow all the instructions, however if the mighty devs see that something can be eliminated, please pipe up

    OK on to the goodies..

    you will need the following files and programs..

    1. PROGRAM: root explorer (or other compatible file explorer that can change .apk permissions)

    2. FILE: download the "alternate" browser fix to your SD card from the original post :

    Do the 3 finger salute to boot into RED CWM and flash the browser file you downloaded to your SD card.. reboot after flash..

    OK.. open root explorer and make sure you select "MOUNT R/W" permissions from the top box.

    1. navigate to the main root directory "/" .. and long press the DEFAULT.PROP file and scroll down the menu to select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR..you will see 4 settings listed..make sure they are set to

    ro.secure=1
    ro.debuggable=0
    persist.service.adb=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0

    if not, change them to that and save it..if using root explorer it will auto save a backup to your card.

    TURN OFF PHONE COMPLETELY AND REBOOT...

    2. navigate to /SYSTEM/APP (make sure your MOUNT R/W is selected still) and long press the browser.apk file..from the menu select permissions.. they should look like this... with X meaning selected and O meaning not selected..

    IMPORTANT NOTE!!! if you have to change any of the settings in permissions for any of these files you MUST hit OK at the bottom after the change or it will not stick and will cancel if you use the "back" button instead of hitting OK..

    X X 0
    X 0 0
    X 0 0

    3. scroll to top and select parent folder twice to get back to main root directory "/" and then go into /DATA/DATA and long press the file "com.android.browser" select permissions and make sure they are like this..

    X X X
    X O X
    O O X

    select OK and then

    4. select parent folder twice to get back to root "/".. navigate to /DBDATA/DATABASES/ and long press "com.android.browser" and select permissions to look like this..

    X X X
    X X X
    O O X

    select OK and then...

    POWER OFF PHONE AND REBOOT...

    when reboot is complete, pull the battery for 30 seconds...reinsert battery and boot..

    problem was solved after making those changes..

    IF YOUR TICKER IS NOT WORKING..

    go to settings/sound and display

    deselect auto brightness, powersaving mode and grip sensor..

    the ticker started working immediately after exiting settings, and the browser fix connected to the feeds and opened like normal..
    I need the browser.zip file. link is broken.
  23. #73  

    Default

    gotcha..sorry i did not check the link..

    i will upload a link to the file this evening..
    Thanked by:
  24. #74  

    Default

    alright. im having to use an alternate until the browser fix is uploaded. is the default search provider google instead of bing now?
  25. #75  

    Default

    here is the link to the browser file...

    Thanked by 2:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B