- 04-02-2011, 11:11 PM #51
- 04-02-2011, 11:16 PM #52
- 04-02-2011, 11:37 PM #53
- 04-03-2011, 03:08 AM #54
- 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM #55
thanks!, but just to clarify, do I unzip the folders when i put it on the sd card? or leave it as a zip.
Do I run cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar instead of the DL17 or before it or not at all?
sorry for being neeeewbiiiieee
- 04-03-2011, 09:19 AM #56
- 04-03-2011, 09:28 AM #57
- 04-03-2011, 09:40 AM #58
- 04-03-2011, 09:58 AM #59
did your battery have a charge before you started all of this ?
by no means should you have a brick nothing in any of these procedures could cause a true brick. maybe a difficult situation but not a brick
- 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM #60
Yes, I flashed it with the bat out, Then unplugged, put bat in held the up,down, power for 2 flashes, then it just shows samsung logo, and loops into a fade. I tried to re flash, everything goes through ( passed), then I even tried to power up, same thing fading loop. Right now im pluged into a pc with the yellow triangle awaiting for further instructions :-)
- 04-03-2011, 10:08 AM #61
- 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM #62
- 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM #63
- 04-03-2011, 10:19 AM #64
- 04-03-2011, 10:21 AM #65
- 04-03-2011, 10:26 AM #66
- 04-03-2011, 10:46 AM #67
- 04-03-2011, 11:12 AM #68
- 04-03-2011, 04:23 PM #69
- 04-04-2011, 12:58 AM #70
- 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM #71
[FIX] Browser/Ticker fix for CONTINUUM CLEAN ROM
I am still new at android, however I think I can finally give back some love after the awesome devs here have given us so much with our phones..
Here are the steps I took to fix the browser crash and FC issue in this ROM. My wife's continuum no longer has FC with browser and ticker is working 100%.
PLEASE READ THIS!
What I did may or may not work for your phone...every phone is different..make a nandroid backup, and be very careful what you are modifying.. i take no responsibility for borking or bricking your phone, all i know is these steps worked on the continuum my wife has. I strongly suggest that you follow all the instructions, however if the mighty devs see that something can be eliminated, please pipe up
OK on to the goodies..
you will need the following files and programs..
1. PROGRAM: root explorer (or other compatible file explorer that can change .apk permissions)
2. FILE: download the "alternate" browser fix to your SD card from the original post : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/upda...te/browser.zip
Do the 3 finger salute to boot into RED CWM and flash the browser file you downloaded to your SD card.. reboot after flash..
OK.. open root explorer and make sure you select "MOUNT R/W" permissions from the top box.
1. navigate to the main root directory "/" .. and long press the DEFAULT.PROP file and scroll down the menu to select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR..you will see 4 settings listed..make sure they are set to
if not, change them to that and save it..if using root explorer it will auto save a backup to your card.
TURN OFF PHONE COMPLETELY AND REBOOT...
2. navigate to /SYSTEM/APP (make sure your MOUNT R/W is selected still) and long press the browser.apk file..from the menu select permissions.. they should look like this... with X meaning selected and O meaning not selected..
IMPORTANT NOTE!!! if you have to change any of the settings in permissions for any of these files you MUST hit OK at the bottom after the change or it will not stick and will cancel if you use the "back" button instead of hitting OK..
X X 0
X 0 0
X 0 0
3. scroll to top and select parent folder twice to get back to main root directory "/" and then go into /DATA/DATA and long press the file "com.android.browser" select permissions and make sure they are like this..
X X X
X O X
O O X
select OK and then
4. select parent folder twice to get back to root "/".. navigate to /DBDATA/DATABASES/ and long press "com.android.browser" and select permissions to look like this..
X X X
X X X
O O X
select OK and then...
POWER OFF PHONE AND REBOOT...
when reboot is complete, pull the battery for 30 seconds...reinsert battery and boot..
problem was solved after making those changes..
IF YOUR TICKER IS NOT WORKING..
go to settings/sound and display
deselect auto brightness, powersaving mode and grip sensor..
the ticker started working immediately after exiting settings, and the browser fix connected to the feeds and opened like normal..
- 04-14-2011, 03:12 AM #72
- 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM #73
- 04-14-2011, 10:43 PM #74
- 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM #75