[ROM]3.30.11 Clean Continuum DL17

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks,

I am in the process of porting my superclean work over from the Fascinate.

So far:
--------------
Deodexed, Debloated, Debinged, and mostly, detouchwizzed. Debinged...even in the framework. I think* all Bing traces are gone now.
Visual voice mail gone, voice mail button in dialer opens Google Voice.
Verizon Wireless carrier banner replaced with something....better.
MMS app will not longer do multi-part messages, but instead convert to MMS automatically once the 160 character mark is hit.
GPS tweaked.
ADW Launcher

This is an early beta, but should be perfectly stable.

snap20110330_135628.png
snap20110330_135647.png
snap20110330_135636.png

Download:
sc_cont_beta1.zip

Having troubles with the browser?

Try this one.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/update-template/browser.zip

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know this was released yet, because it wasn't on XDA :p lol.. i am downloading it nowwww, very excited :D lol

Adrynalyne: Since you have been messing with the Continuum hands on now, can you tell me just how different the two phones are? and whether or not porting fascinate roms to the continuum would even be possible? :D

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
ROM is on board and I'm setting it up from scratch.

Just a note for others that may try this SC ROM, if you wipe all three caches; data, cache, and dalvik, the phone will take some time to reboot and will black screen for a min or so. It will come back to life, just wait a few minutes :)

I also recommend flashing on a full battery.

CC

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So far here are the issues:

Browser force closes, first seen from attempting sign in from newly downloaded app brain and then from direct access to the browser.

Did applications, clear data & cache...no dice

Any ideas? I only have this phone for a few hours this evening an will have to return it to working order from backup later.

CC

*EDIT dolphin browser on board and continuing to test. Default browser still FC's

Last edited:

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, either I was just so excited to flash this rom or the browser zip file showed up after i read the original post, either way, the browser fix in the first post works well and fixed the FC issues. I flashed the fix via CWR.

This ROM is solid and fast. I forgot just how fast eclair can be. Great job!!

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
On the "Ticker" you have an option to set up weather info. It's the Icon on the far left of the ticker that if memory serves my correctly used to open up a accu weather app based on cities set up under settings>Ticker Settings.

The icon no longer launches the app, but the great news is that is also does not FC. I attempted to install accu weather full and quick from the app store, but no dice.

Not a show stopper by any means, as beautiful weather widget is used to launch the weather app on my setup, but just something i noticed running the phone thought the paces after the ROM install.

Very happy with the ROM!

CC

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
TrailBlazer101 thanks for the lead, worked like a champ!! I used the root explorer method to copy the file.

I'm not sure i can find anything else. This ROM really is solid!

CC

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused and believe me it doesn't take much.
I'm trying to download the sc_cont_beta1.zip file but for some reason I can't. Keeps asking me to download and install Xvid codec.

Then I saw the note below; "Having troubles with the browser?" stating download the browser.zip.
Are these files the same?
I've downloaded the browser.zip.

Please help me get the, sc_cont_beta1.zip downloaded

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to download the sc_cont_beta1.zip file but for some reason I can't. Keeps asking me to download and install Xvid codec.

Then I saw the note below; "Having troubles with the browser?" stating download the browser.zip.

the browser download is a patch for the phone, if you are having trouble with the phone browser after you install the rom,

when you select the rom link you are sent to mediafire, you have to click what i have outlined with red in the picture below

mediafire.png

JaznGibzn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

you don't need anything additional to open a zip on a modern OS, and you don't need ANYTHING to simply download it unless you're trying to download it on the phone itself. your browser may have some settings messed up if it's trying to open a zip with a media/video player. try another browser.

and no, the two zip files are not the same thing.

heh, sorry DX - posted at same time as you.

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You guys are great! I finally got the download to work. I figured if I joined the free mediafire version, I wouldn't have any problems. Sure enough. Downloaded just fine.
Install the two zipped files and it works great! Many thanks and it looks great. I'm in the process for applying the weatherbug fix to get my ticker weather working.

Awesome job, ADRYNALYNE!!!

ComradeKid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there some way someone could walk me through this step-by-step? I've managed to root my continuum. I have ROM manager (not sure if thats what I need). But I cant seem to figure this out.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there some way someone could walk me through this step-by-step? I've managed to root my continuum. I have ROM manager (not sure if thats what I need). But I cant seem to figure this out.

Please do not use rom manager!!!!
if you have flashed rom manager, please go to your SD card and delete the file called update.zip

then download the rom from the 1st post and place it on your sd card, on the root of it (meaning not inside any folders)

Also download the new update.zip you will need HERE also place this on the root of your SD card

then follow these directions

Installing with odin:
  1. Download and intsall the Fascinate drivers found HERE <-ignore, but these drivers should work for continuum aswell
  2. Download the ODIN file HERE
  3. If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
  4. If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
  5. Remove battery from phone.
  6. Launch ODIN on PC.
  7. Plug USB cable into phone.
  8. Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
  9. Press and hold the volume-down key.
  10. You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.
  11. Click on the PDA button in ODIN. Do NOT click the Phone button.
  12. Choose the file cwm_recovery_test4_adryn.tar which can be downloaded HERE
  13. When all the above conditions have been met hit the Start button
For those of you who are visual learners like me i have a write up of the above Odin process with pictures HERE

After the above process is done DO NOT turn your phone on (if you do you will need to flash with odin again)

Entering clockwork recovery
Place the battery back in the phone
With the phone off press and hold Volume up+Volume down+Power button.
Samsung logo will flash twice, after the second one let go of the buttons.
This will lead you into blue recovery, with the volume keys scroll to
apply sdcard:update.zip then hit the menu button.
this will lead you into clockwork

Once in clockwork you use power button to make selections

Wiping Cache partition:
This will not erase any contacts or apps.
This should be done everytime a new rom is flashed.
If caught in a force close loop it is usually a good idea to go back and wipe cache again

To initiate a Cache partition wipe from clockwork
wipecacheproc.png

********************************************************************************************************
Wiping Dalvik Cache:
Although not necessary to be done before every rom it is a good idea to wipe.
Dalvik cache can grow very large the more apps you had before flashing the new rom
the longer it will take to boot the new one as it will build upon the already large Dalvik cache.
So making it a habit to wipe dalvik cache can only help you .

To initiate a Dalvik cache wipe from clockwork
dalvikwipeproc.png

To flash the rom follow the directions below using the power button to select items
tw_clock is just an example , use the rom you placed on your sdcard instead... if it asks you yes or no to proceed scroll down and select yes
unlike the picture below i believe the back button instead of the search button is used to go back, If anyone has input on key configuration let me know since i dont have a continuum to test this on.

zipflashproc-1.png

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
@DroidXcon
I think I love you

lol thanks, hopes this helps

oh one more thing, i dont think you need to wipe DATA but you may want to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache before flashing the rom

Wiping Data:
This will erase all contacts apps and any other data on the phone
Wiping data is usually done before flashing a Rom.
Necessary when moving from build to build for example: Eclair to Froyo.
Not as necessary when moving from Rom to Rom within the same build.
Although not always necessary consider this as a solutions if wiping cache and dalvik cache when force close loops happen.

To initiate a data wipe from clockwork
wipedataproc.png

*******************************************************************************************************

Wiping Cache partition:
This should be done everytime a new rom is flashed.
If caught in a force close loop it is usually a good idea to go back and wipe cache again

To initiate a Cache partition wipe from clockwork
wipecacheproc.png

********************************************************************************************************
Wiping Dalvik Cache:
Although not necessary to be done before every rom it is a good idea to wipe.
Dalvik cache can grow very large the more apps you had before flashing the new rom
the longer it will take to boot the new one as it will build upon the already large Dalvik cache.
So making it a habit to wipe dalvik cache can only help you .

To initiate a Dalvik cache wipe from clockwork
dalvikwipeproc.png

Reactions: matola1972

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX