[ROM]3.30.11 Clean Continuum DL17

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
were any other steps taken before you flashed cwm or did it just fail to do anything after your very first attempt? is it saying (successful 1/ fail 0) in the odin log box?

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
[FIX] Browser/Ticker fix for CONTINUUM CLEAN ROM

I am still new at android, however I think I can finally give back some love after the awesome devs here have given us so much with our phones..

Here are the steps I took to fix the browser crash and FC issue in this ROM. My wife's continuum no longer has FC with browser and ticker is working 100%.

PLEASE READ THIS!
What I did may or may not work for your phone...every phone is different..make a nandroid backup, and be very careful what you are modifying.. i take no responsibility for borking or bricking your phone, all i know is these steps worked on the continuum my wife has. I strongly suggest that you follow all the instructions, however if the mighty devs see that something can be eliminated, please pipe up

OK on to the goodies..

you will need the following files and programs..

1. PROGRAM: root explorer (or other compatible file explorer that can change .apk permissions)

2. FILE: download the "alternate" browser fix to your SD card from the original post : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/upda...te/browser.zip

Do the 3 finger salute to boot into RED CWM and flash the browser file you downloaded to your SD card.. reboot after flash..

OK.. open root explorer and make sure you select "MOUNT R/W" permissions from the top box.

1. navigate to the main root directory "/" .. and long press the DEFAULT.PROP file and scroll down the menu to select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR..you will see 4 settings listed..make sure they are set to

ro.secure=1
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0

if not, change them to that and save it..if using root explorer it will auto save a backup to your card.

TURN OFF PHONE COMPLETELY AND REBOOT...

2. navigate to /SYSTEM/APP (make sure your MOUNT R/W is selected still) and long press the browser.apk file..from the menu select permissions.. they should look like this... with X meaning selected and O meaning not selected..

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! if you have to change any of the settings in permissions for any of these files you MUST hit OK at the bottom after the change or it will not stick and will cancel if you use the "back" button instead of hitting OK..

X X 0
X 0 0
X 0 0

3. scroll to top and select parent folder twice to get back to main root directory "/" and then go into /DATA/DATA and long press the file "com.android.browser" select permissions and make sure they are like this..

X X X
X O X
O O X

select OK and then

4. select parent folder twice to get back to root "/".. navigate to /DBDATA/DATABASES/ and long press "com.android.browser" and select permissions to look like this..

X X X
X X X
O O X

select OK and then...

POWER OFF PHONE AND REBOOT...

when reboot is complete, pull the battery for 30 seconds...reinsert battery and boot..

problem was solved after making those changes..

IF YOUR TICKER IS NOT WORKING..

go to settings/sound and display

deselect auto brightness, powersaving mode and grip sensor..

the ticker started working immediately after exiting settings, and the browser fix connected to the feeds and opened like normal..

Reactions: DroidXcon

sk8rboy1491

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am still new at android, however I think I can finally give back some love after the awesome devs here have given us so much with our phones..

Here are the steps I took to fix the browser crash and FC issue in this ROM. My wife's continuum no longer has FC with browser and ticker is working 100%.

PLEASE READ THIS!
What I did may or may not work for your phone...every phone is different..make a nandroid backup, and be very careful what you are modifying.. i take no responsibility for borking or bricking your phone, all i know is these steps worked on the continuum my wife has. I strongly suggest that you follow all the instructions, however if the mighty devs see that something can be eliminated, please pipe up

OK on to the goodies..

you will need the following files and programs..

1. PROGRAM: root explorer (or other compatible file explorer that can change .apk permissions)

2. FILE: download the "alternate" browser fix to your SD card from the original post : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/upda...te/browser.zip

Do the 3 finger salute to boot into RED CWM and flash the browser file you downloaded to your SD card.. reboot after flash..

OK.. open root explorer and make sure you select "MOUNT R/W" permissions from the top box.

1. navigate to the main root directory "/" .. and long press the DEFAULT.PROP file and scroll down the menu to select OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR..you will see 4 settings listed..make sure they are set to

ro.secure=1
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0

if not, change them to that and save it..if using root explorer it will auto save a backup to your card.

TURN OFF PHONE COMPLETELY AND REBOOT...

2. navigate to /SYSTEM/APP (make sure your MOUNT R/W is selected still) and long press the browser.apk file..from the menu select permissions.. they should look like this... with X meaning selected and O meaning not selected..

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! if you have to change any of the settings in permissions for any of these files you MUST hit OK at the bottom after the change or it will not stick and will cancel if you use the "back" button instead of hitting OK..

X X 0
X 0 0
X 0 0

3. scroll to top and select parent folder twice to get back to main root directory "/" and then go into /DATA/DATA and long press the file "com.android.browser" select permissions and make sure they are like this..

X X X
X O X
O O X

select OK and then

4. select parent folder twice to get back to root "/".. navigate to /DBDATA/DATABASES/ and long press "com.android.browser" and select permissions to look like this..

X X X
X X X
O O X

select OK and then...

POWER OFF PHONE AND REBOOT...

when reboot is complete, pull the battery for 30 seconds...reinsert battery and boot..

problem was solved after making those changes..

IF YOUR TICKER IS NOT WORKING..

go to settings/sound and display

deselect auto brightness, powersaving mode and grip sensor..

the ticker started working immediately after exiting settings, and the browser fix connected to the feeds and opened like normal..

I need the browser.zip file. link is broken.

minirome

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you thank you!

I basically did everything to get it running but its great. Thanks alot.

Cant seem to get my SD card to mount via USB though.

cnorm5623

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
for some reason the new drop box link for the browser fix it broke again. if you could maybe PM me the new link i could use it before tomorrow night. thanks

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site