Continuum update 2.2 is MADE, not released, here's how to help us get this update out

tramai

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on the XDA forums last night, but I'm trying to get the word out as much as possible.

A recent press release from Samsung says that the Samsung Galaxy S phones are getting Gingerbread (Android 2.3) in mid-May. I'm not sure about you guys but I was excited that we could be getting 2.3 right out instead of waiting for 2.2 and then 2.3, so I decided to go to their chat support and ask about it. Here's the chat log:

ChatLog said:
Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Catherine'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380868310X

Visitor: Hello!
Catherine: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: I have a question regarding the press release saying that Android 2.3 Gingerbread will be coming oout for the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S line of phones.
Catherine: I understand that you are looking for Android 2.3 update for your SCH-I400 Phone now.
Visitor: I was just wondering if that update talked about in the press release will cover the Samsung Continuum
Catherine: I understand your requirement,Would you mind holding for 3 minutes so that I can check that for you?
Visitor: No I would not mind
Catherine: Thank you.
Catherine: Thank you for holding.
Catherine: I see that Samsung Continuum phone have Android 2.1 OS on it as of now and Android 2.2 up has to be released for this device at this time before we can proceed with Android 2.3 update.
Catherine: As per the information available at this time, I see that your phone can be upgraded Android 2.2 update is not available for download for your Phone as of now.
Visitor: Are you ever going to release that?
Visitor: I realize it isn't available NOW... we Continuum users have been waiting for it forever...
Catherine: Yes, I see that we can upgrade your phone to Android 2.2 but the updaet is not released for your phone as of now, I'll forward a copy of this chat transcript to our product development team to proceed further from my end in this regard.
Catherine: I apologize for the inconvenience this might be causing.
Visitor: Wait, you CAN upgrade it to 2.2 but it's not released? Can I ask why not?
Catherine: I am sorry, we at live chat for Samsung support have limited to access to the information about that are not released as of now, I am not able to find any information that can help me answer why Android 2.2 update is not released as of now for your phone.
Catherine: However, I am positive we will be able to upgrade this model to Android 2.2 version when an update is released.
Catherine: Should this update become available, it shall be available on Samsung website under Samsung Download center.
Catherine: I understand your concern and requirement but we at Live chat do not have an estimated date of availability of this update for your Phone at this moment.
Visitor: I was just wondering on a possible release time for it. Like I said we've been waiting for it forever and when I bought the phone I was told it would be coming out in a matter of weeks
Catherine: I can understand how annoying that can be, I am sorry, we at Live chat didn't have any hint about the updates that are not released. We are provided only with information about the updates already released.
Visitor: Is there an email I can send something to to get any of these questions answered since the live chat supporters can't? A number I can call? Anything?
Catherine: yes, I recommend you contact Samsung Customer Care at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST) to check if any help in this regard and to file a request for update

There are 3 big things to this.

1) We won't get 2.3 until we get at least 2.2, so the press release does not cover the continuum.

2) They've MADE THE UPDATE TO 2.2 FOR THE CONTINUUM BUT HAVE NOT RELEASED IT. I don't know about you guys, but that is absolutely INFURIATING to me.

3) There is a way to let our voices be heard. It worked for the Fascinate users. Call them at that number in the last bold part.

Samsung Customer Care at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST) to check if any help in this regard and to file a request for update

We ALL need to do this. All of us need to chip in and call them and file to get this update released. It's ridiculous that the update is there, they just aren't releasing it. DO NOT LET THEM FORGET THAT WE SPENT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT AND THEY NEED TO SUPPORT IT. Call the line, ask about the update, tell them you're dissatisfied, angry whatever but get that report filed and let's get that update OUT!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted this on the XDA forums last night, but I'm trying to get the word out as much as possible.

A recent press release from Samsung says that the Samsung Galaxy S phones are getting Gingerbread (Android 2.3) in mid-May. I'm not sure about you guys but I was excited that we could be getting 2.3 right out instead of waiting for 2.2 and then 2.3, so I decided to go to their chat support and ask about it. Here's the chat log:

1) We won't get 2.3 until we get at least 2.2, so the press release does not cover the continuum.

2) They've MADE THE UPDATE TO 2.2 FOR THE CONTINUUM BUT HAVE NOT RELEASED IT. I don't know about you guys, but that is absolutely INFURIATING to me.

3) There is a way to let our voices be heard. It worked for the Fascinate users. Call them at that number in the last bold part.

Samsung Customer Care at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST) to check if any help in this regard and to file a request for update

We ALL need to do this. All of us need to chip in and call them and file to get this update released. It's ridiculous that the update is there, they just aren't releasing it. DO NOT LET THEM FORGET THAT WE SPENT OUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT AND THEY NEED TO SUPPORT IT. Call the line, ask about the update, tell them you're dissatisfied, angry whatever but get that report filed and let's get that update OUT!!!

This fight is better off brought to Verizon not Samsung.

tramai

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung management needs to approve it before Verizon even gets ahold of it right? Apparently the management is the problem. If by that he meant it's Verizon then I'll call them as well, but he never said anything like "It's out of our hands and you need to wait for your carrier to release the update."

xmguy1

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if the Continuum is dead in the water at 2.1? It has the SAMOLED display and 720p Video Recording. Why it's been abandoned is beyond me.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard any news at all about a 2.2 update for the Continuum? It's been over a month since the Fascinate got 2.2, I would have thought the Continuum would get it soon after.

calafeffa

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Tired

I tried calling them and using live support to no avail, all they keep saying is that they don't have any information on it and they wouldn't want to speculate/ give any unofficial information as it may cause misinformation or confusion" i've talked to five people and they all gave me the same copy-and-pasted speech.

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon Rep and (obviously taking with a grain of salt), was told that samsung is pushing it in order of purchase. Those who purchased sooner get it first. Obviously, that makes no sense to me. Actually, it sent my b.s. meter through the roof. But, I suppose it could be true. Has anyone else ever heard of something like this? I haven't.

wselph

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe they have started then - I bought mine on the first day and have not received any updates.
BTW I have to pull the battery about every other day to get control of the phone - it freezes.

dvanlinton2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i had the lg ally and they happen to send me this phone cause i had several problems with the volume not loud enough on the other end.. i feel like i went backwards from 2.2 on the ally to 2.1 on the continuum

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Continuum is officially dead.
Any further progress with this phone will be done by modders. :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Friggin ticker!! I hate you!
I have been doing some digging in my continuum,and it seems that to reliably disable the puzzle lock,you must disable the ticker.interesting...:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692