Continuum Accessories currently on clearance

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Continuum accessories are now on clearance at Verizon retail stores if you needed anything. Got the dock for 9 bucks and a new case for 4. Pretty great deals!

-Nick

Reactions: nathanb131

nathanb131

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
They went on clearance on Verizon's website also. Picked up the home dock and car dock for like $6 per with free shipping! Though when they arrived a got a good chuckle because both had a sticker on them saying something like 'audio out will be functional upon upgrade to Android 2.2'.....

I know everyone had hoped this would happen to the Continuum and Samsung sort of implied they'd get to it.... but for them to actually produce stickers for the accessories that stated this before leaving it high and dry.... that sort of burns.

That being said, the audio out does seem to work. Though I'm seeing a big drop in volume vs just plugging right into the phone's headphone jack. I'm guessing the software bump enables hands free (mic AND speaker) action through the dock? The docks are nice and the docked modes on the phone (different for car and home) are fairly nice. Though I feel for anyone who paid the $50 and $30 retail for these which might never have the full capability that was intended.

I'm still enjoying the continuum and am glad I chose it. I like the ticker info and the 3.4" screen is a nice balance of portability and useability.

Though I'm starting to get a little worried at starting to see some apps that require 2.2 or 2.3 to run....Hope that remains a small bunch until I'm ready to upgrade.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Though I'm starting to get a little worried at starting to see some apps that require 2.2 or 2.3 to run....Hope that remains a small bunch until I'm ready to upgrade.

i don't think the continuum will ever get 2.2...i really don't it's been 3 months since they pushed the update for the fascinate and the galaxy s got it ages ago. it's over, i need to find a way to fork up the cash of about 600 bucks so i can just ****ing get the fascinate and be a happy droid user.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
i don't think the continuum will ever get 2.2...i really don't it's been 3 months since they pushed the update for the fascinate and the galaxy s got it ages ago. it's over, i need to find a way to fork up the cash of about 600 bucks so i can just ****ing get the fascinate and be a happy droid user.

Bummer man...and for everyone with this device. Shame on Verizon/Samsung for the lack of an update to this device. I knew this would happen, along with the ticker being a faulty concept/design. That's why I talked my way out of this device way back in March/April and got a Fascinate, which I love. Of course now I am in love with upcoming GS2, but there is always something better on the horizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc