tgarland12m

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Epic 4G Touch (DPH-D700) from my old contract with Sprint. For the last year I've been on Straighttalk in Central Kansas. The service out here is awful. I frequently drop calls and data on my way to work 20 minutes from where I live.

Here's the problem. I want to switch to NET10, but they only take Verizon CDMA and won't accept a Sprint CDMA. Is there any possible way to make the Sprint phone compatible with the NET10 network? I'd hate to have to shell out for more hardware. It's bad enough that this thing sits in my office drawer. :/ Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Tgarland12m

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Epic 4G Touch (DPH-D700) from my old contract with Sprint. For the last year I've been on Straighttalk in Central Kansas. The service out here is awful. I frequently drop calls and data on my way to work 20 minutes from where I live.

Here's the problem. I want to switch to NET10, but they only take Verizon CDMA and won't accept a Sprint CDMA. Is there any possible way to make the Sprint phone compatible with the NET10 network? I'd hate to have to shell out for more hardware. It's bad enough that this thing sits in my office drawer. :/ Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Tgarland12m

Welcome to the forums!
As far as I knew, there shouldn't be any reason not to bring a CDMA device to a CDMA carrier. However, I would not at all be surprised if the limitation was deliberately setup.