Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi only Sprint Epic 4G Dying? Google Play not working.

Hello to anyone left on this board. My all time favorite smartphone seems to be dying. The Sprint Samsung Epic 4G slider. I have been using it on wifi mode when I get sick of my GN2 touch keyboard. After some odd behavior I did a factory reset. After some intitial success restoring my old setup, I had to restart it and the stock android launcher appeared (Sprint ID feature). Unfortunately since I no longer have phone service I cannot get the Samsung Touchwiz option/ID back. The worst thing is that Google Play stopped working and I lost some apps like Google Maps. It is still usable with some apps I was able to reinstall but I seem to be out of luck. Any ideas out there? I am almost ready to try the Sprint Store option to see if they can somehow give me a temporary phone service connection to revive this old girl. I like the Galaxy Note series with the S pen but I am really missing the slider keyvoard. Ironically, I think Galaxy Note sized slider keyboard would be the perfect physical keyboard for a smartphone... That combined with an S pen would make it the killer business phone. Think of the full screen possibilities...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    30,546 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Wifi only Sprint Epic 4G Dying? Google Play not working.

I am personally not too big on the larger hybrids either, but that is just me. As for your dying device, there probably isn't much that can be done about it.