Samsung S3 alarm does not work as it should?

steve07816

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, can you help. The alarm on my S3 will not work after the phone has been switched off ?
With Samsung, it appears that 'off' really means off, so to get round this i put the phone into plane mode installing a widget for ease. The alarm was set for this morning and my phone was charged to 100%.

This morning the alarm did not go off. However, I reset it for a few minutes later just to check and it worked?

My battery life had also dropped 24% in plane mode over night which cannot be right either?

Having just 'upgraded' from Nokia to Samsung, I can say that all Nokia's that I have used will allow this function with no significant (or indeed any) loss of power).

I guess there are three issues that I have of concern here;

1) Surely it is common sense to allow the alarm to function when the phone is switched off? Why is this not allowed on Android? Is there something that I have missed?

2) In plane safe mode, why does the alarm only function after a few minutes but not after a few hours?

3) 24% battery use over night in 'idle' - plane safe mode is way too much juice. I am currently undertaking a power check as advised by your forum to see what power loss (if any) occurs when the phone is switched off over a 1 hour period.

As a new user, I am sure that there is something that I have missed here and would be grateful for your help to solve this issue

Kind regards

Steve

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You can solve the issue by. Leaving your phone on. And plug it in at night. This will not hurt your phone or battery

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch