What are SMS replacement apps? Confused?!

bevreeves

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Im clearly very clueless in regard to this. I cannot find an answer online. I have a Galaxy S3 and my carrier is Telus. The text messenger that is default for the phone is really slow and crappy, so I want to download a new text messenger. I downloaded Go SMS Pro but does this app charge me per text or does it just replace the default messenger and follow the plan on my phone?! I have unlimited texting with Telus but will Go SMS charge me per text I send through this app!? It worried me when I looked through the permissions and it says permission to charge for sms and mms and phone calls. It said it was free but I am wondering if just the app itself is free or if texting people is free too.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It replaces your stock messenger app, although don't forget to turn off notifications in your stock app otherwise you'll receive dual notifications.

bevreeves

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It replaces your stock messenger app, although don't forget to turn off notifications in your stock app otherwise you'll receive dual notifications.

So it just replaces the look of the stock app?! Why in the permissions does it need permission to charge for sms and mms then?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You will be charged for each SMS/MMS only exactly as you are now.

There are a whole host of different messaging apps, phone diallers, contact apps....etc that you can try out. As I said, if you try a different messaging app you'll need to turn off notifications in your stock messaging app settings otherwise when someone sends you a text you'll receive two messages, one for each messaging app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams