- 2 Posts
What are SMS replacement apps? Confused?!
Im clearly very clueless in regard to this. I cannot find an answer online. I have a Galaxy S3 and my carrier is Telus. The text messenger that is default for the phone is really slow and crappy, so I want to download a new text messenger. I downloaded Go SMS Pro but does this app charge me per text or does it just replace the default messenger and follow the plan on my phone?! I have unlimited texting with Telus but will Go SMS charge me per text I send through this app!? It worried me when I looked through the permissions and it says permission to charge for sms and mms and phone calls. It said it was free but I am wondering if just the app itself is free or if texting people is free too.
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-23-2013, 02:48 AM #2
- 08-23-2013, 03:26 AM #4
Re: What are SMS replacement apps? Confused?!
You will be charged for each SMS/MMS only exactly as you are now.
There are a whole host of different messaging apps, phone diallers, contact apps....etc that you can try out. As I said, if you try a different messaging app you'll need to turn off notifications in your stock messaging app settings otherwise when someone sends you a text you'll receive two messages, one for each messaging app.Putting out fire with gasoline
- By disneyf1 in forum LG G2Replies: 29Last Post: 09-10-2013, 10:15 AM
- By L_Molotov in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 08-27-2013, 07:12 AM
- By nelonez in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
- By krishnamurthig in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2013, 04:25 PM
- By Superskull85 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM