- 1 Posts
I keep getting shortcuts added to my Galaxy S3 home screen??
Everyday, multiple times a day, I keep having shortcuts added to my home screen. It started out of the blue one day and they won't stop. I downloaded an add on detector, anti-virus thing, I don't know what the problem is. Some of them are for games like super Mario world, some what looks like a knock off of candy crush, and some that just say "get free apps". I haven't tried opening any of them, I just immediately remove then but they reappear. I'll wake up in the morning and all of the empty spaces on my home screen is full of them. Please help, this is really annoying and I don't know if there's a real problem with my phone.
- 08-26-2013, 11:36 AM #2
- 49 Posts
Re: I keep getting shortcuts added to my Galaxy S3 home screen??
Well obviously your problem is some app that keeps creating shortcuts. I would suggest you to delete everything you have installed after this problem occured. Or if you remember exactly which app you have downloaded before this thing happened I'll reccomend you to remove it. This has to do something with "push" updates and that's why you should read what are the permissions of the app, before you allow it to do so. Try removing apps one by one and see if it makes difference. In none, factory reset will definitelly help you out. Then you might consider reinstalling apps one-by-one and find out which one causes the problem.
- By jeffreii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 11-10-2013, 12:07 AM
- By gugg1 in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2013, 12:55 PM
- By mccornwall in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2013, 02:04 PM
- By darkfenrir in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 5Last Post: 08-28-2013, 08:29 PM
- By zoooN in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:58 AM