1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Messages Are Messed Up?

Hey guys, I've been looking all over the Internet for an answer to my problem, but have come up empty handed. About 2 days ago I started getting this new notification any time I got a text. An orange chat bubble would show up at the top of my screen and when I pulled down the Notification tab, it would say "New Message from Whoever" and under that it would tell me what they said. When I click on the notification, it would take me to a screen asking me for my Voicemail Password, or if I didn't know it, to call 611 and go through various steps to reset the password. I reset my voicemail password and it's still messed up. Also, I'd like to add that whenever I get a text, my screen will light up, then go black, then light up again, and go black again. My LED light on the front of my phone doesn't light up blue like normal so I have a feeling there's something wrong with my Notifications. If anyone has any solutions as to how I could fix this, that would be GREATLY appreciated. Please and thank you.

Default Re: My Messages Are Messed Up?

Do you have a screenshot? You might've installed an app that's doing that....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My Messages Are Messed Up?

I think I might have fixed it. Turns out my messages were going to the AT&T Messages app that came with my phone. I uninstalled updates on it and my texts went to my regular messages again. But it turns out every time I got a text that went to my AT&T Messages app, it would run up my data a ton. Any more advice would be great, thank you all.