- 1 Posts
"Google Now" can't call phone numbers with local area code.
I just set up Google Now on my phone and have been directing it to call my contacts. In my contact list I include area codes with all phone numbers, even those within my own area code. When I ask Google Now to dial the local numbers, I get a Verizon message "this call cannot be completed as dialed" but, when it is dialing a number with an area code that is different from my phone number there is no problem. My phone has no problem otherwise dialing numbers directly from my contact list which all have area codes.
What am I doing wrong?
- 10-06-2013, 05:43 PM #2
- 2,211 Posts
Re: "Google Now" can't call phone numbers with local area code.
Welcome to the forums. That is a strange problem (that I don't have).
Have you verified the number it's dialing? I know I've had some issues with Google Now defaulting to the Skype number for a contact (rather than the default number) which is prefixing on some country code or something, but for the most part it's been fine. Might be worth checking to see if it's actually dialing the right number and not trying to add a prefix to the number.
- By XChrisX in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM
- By J HighNote in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2013, 07:01 AM
- By sqa4life in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:57 AM
- By LegacyEvoAce in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 10-04-2013, 02:40 AM
- By frncssbrt in forum Moto XReplies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2013, 09:26 PM