My galaxy s3 won't turn on... Please help!

Madeline Barsky

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So after being fully charged overnight my phone randomly turned off. I tried turning it back on but it would only vibrate, have the samsung logo appear, and then turn off again. I tried everything I could to fix it; I tried to hold down the power button, then I tried taking the battery out, then I tried to hold down the home, power, and volume up buttons all at once. After those didn't work I tried to take out my battery for a little, have my phone charge, and then put the battery back in, but nothing worked. Can anyone help me??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you press and hold the Home, Power, and Vol Up buttons? Sometimes you have to keep them all down for a good 5-10 seconds. If you're able to get a response, then follow these instructions to clear the system cache: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Do you have another battery you could try? Batteries sometimes go bad abruptly. Take your battery out, put it on a flat surface, and see if you can spin it freely--if you can, it's bulging in the middle, which means the battery has gone bad.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to consider is to remove the microSD card first, then try to power on. I've read some reports of corrupt SD cards causing bootup trouble.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, I just thought that if you had a microSD in, it would be worth taking out. You're looking here, right?

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-64-GB.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis