Camera modes disappeared

poraman

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. New to the android world, and I must say, it is absolutely awesome.

I played alot with my phone when I first got it, and played with the camera alot. Then, all of a suddon, over night (perhaps a week later), the camera modes dissapeared. There use to be HDR, burst mode, gif maker, etc. All that I could choose now was 1) Auto 2) Beauty face 3) Panorama. The phone is on expert mode, not easy mode. (Funny enough on easy mode, it shows even more modes than on expert mode, HDR and Night are the extra 2 available)

So I phone Samsung South Africa, they asked me to load Kies 3 on my PC, back up my phone and then they checked all the setting. They did do a "reset settings" on the camera app. They did a touch wizz reset also. We did a phone reboot. At the end of the day a factory reset put all the modes back on the camera app.

But again, a few days later they dissapear. I try do tell Samsung its a bug of some sort, but they tell me I must reset again. Ag no man, I'm not going to do that again. It takes me hours and cost me bandwidth to put the phone back to how I have it currently. Cant I just delete the camera app and download it again, so even better, download the modes for the camera app somehow. A3 does not have that "download modes" icon.

Anyone else experience this? I'm having difficulty in finding support, as it seems to be not such a popular phone.

jjadu

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi Poraman, I have the same problem with the Galaxy A3 like you. I searched on google and I don't have find any solution but if I find it I write you. And you, have you find something about this? Thanks.

Myddrun

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Not just you. There's 3 of us now. I just picked up my A3 yesterday and have been playing around with the camera but I too only have 3 camera modes. Looking at the in built help it seems to suggest that you can "download" more but I can't find the download button it claims should be there.

methinks they screwed up something.

EDIT: Dont know if you guys found this, but that's to another poster I found this.

"Actually, I found a way to fix it. In Settings -> Application Manager -> All find the Camera, clear all data, force stop it. Worked for me. Annoying though."

I tired it and it worked for me.

Last edited:

poraman

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Not just you. There's 3 of us now. I just picked up my A3 yesterday and have been playing around with the camera but I too only have 3 camera modes. Looking at the in built help it seems to suggest that you can "download" more but I can't find the download button it claims should be there.

methinks they screwed up something.

EDIT: Dont know if you guys found this, but that's to another poster I found this.

"Actually, I found a way to fix it. In Settings -> Application Manager -> All find the Camera, clear all data, force stop it. Worked for me. Annoying though."

I tired it and it worked for me.

Yes this worked for me too! Thanks buddy!

poraman

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
How weird, I done a google search in April for this very problem and I didn't find a thing, now when i do a search, the answer pop right up as the 1st link. On this very same website. Was posted in January already. anyways.......

Under the ask a question section -> How do I get some missing camera modes on my brand new Samsung A3?
486517-how-do-i-get-some-missing-camera-modes-my-brand-new-samsung-a3

Wickedmpt

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. New to the android world, and I must say, it is absolutely awesome.

I played alot with my phone when I first got it, and played with the camera alot. Then, all of a suddon, over night (perhaps a week later), the camera modes dissapeared. There use to be HDR, burst mode, gif maker, etc. All that I could choose now was 1) Auto 2) Beauty face 3) Panorama. The phone is on expert mode, not easy mode. (Funny enough on easy mode, it shows even more modes than on expert mode, HDR and Night are the extra 2 available)

So I phone Samsung South Africa, they asked me to load Kies 3 on my PC, back up my phone and then they checked all the setting. They did do a "reset settings" on the camera app. They did a touch wizz reset also. We did a phone reboot. At the end of the day a factory reset put all the modes back on the camera app.

But again, a few days later they dissapear. I try do tell Samsung its a bug of some sort, but they tell me I must reset again. Ag no man, I'm not going to do that again. It takes me hours and cost me bandwidth to put the phone back to how I have it currently. Cant I just delete the camera app and download it again, so even better, download the modes for the camera app somehow. A3 does not have that "download modes" icon.

Anyone else experience this? I'm having difficulty in finding support, as it seems to be not such a popular phone.

Check your display setting, it should be in standard mode. If you have it on easy mode all camera extra modes disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mbcarter

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't use the Settings, Applications, Clear Data, & Force Close method as Camera didn't appear in the Applications list.

But this worked for me.

Settings/Quick Settings/Easy Mode/Scroll down to Easy Applications/Camera/If button is set to right & is green/Switch to left & grey.
All the camera options then appeared at the top of my camera screen.

bgmckn50

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Me too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez