I want to install an old in-built app to a new Android phone

marktreut

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I used to have a mobile which used Android Jelly Bean. Now I have a Galaxy A3 which uses Android KitKat.

I often used the calendar app in Jelly Bean (Calendar version 7.D.33.7), but I don't like the calendar in KitKat or any of the alternatives on Google Play which are very complex, come with ads or demand extra steps just in order to do the simplest of tasks.

With a lot of trouble I was able to transfer the APK of Jelly Bean Calendar to my new phone (using Apk Extractor and moving it to the new phone using the SD card).

When I try to install, however, it displays a message:

"Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. The updated application will get access to:"

It displays a list of privacy warnings, similar to when you install from Google Play.

I then click "Install" but it simply go to another message:

"App not installed."

I thought that the new phone's S PLanner calendar was blocking it. I tried to disable it but it still works and I still cannot install the Jelly Bean Calendar.

Any suggestions?

eyehunch

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I used to have a mobile which used Android Jelly Bean. Now I have a Galaxy A3 which uses Android KitKat.

I often used the calendar app in Jelly Bean (Calendar version 7.D.33.7), but I don't like the calendar in KitKat or any of the alternatives on Google Play which are very complex, come with ads or demand extra steps just in order to do the simplest of tasks.

With a lot of trouble I was able to transfer the APK of Jelly Bean Calendar to my new phone (using Apk Extractor and moving it to the new phone using the SD card).

When I try to install, however, it displays a message:

"Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. The updated application will get access to:"

It displays a list of privacy warnings, similar to when you install from Google Play.

I then click "Install" but it simply go to another message:

"App not installed."

I thought that the new phone's S PLanner calendar was blocking it. I tried to disable it but it still works and I still cannot install the Jelly Bean Calendar.

Any suggestions?

eyehunch

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I had same problem but with diffrent app. Try this. Go to settings/apps/Calendar version 7.D.33.7/ then go ahead and click "clear data". Now find your app on desktop or app drawer and open. Whoop there ya go. It should work. By the way curious, how were you able to get that calendar on your phone. I've wanted to do the same with my calendar but without rooting. Almost impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol