Remove swipe to unlock and keep pin?

Dale Thompson1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
My phone automatically updated lastnight, and with that came a swipe to unlock. Now I have to swipe, then put in my pattern, when before I just had to put in my patter after turning on the lock screen.

Any ways to remove this feature?? Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Remove swipe to unlock?

My phone automatically updated lastnight, and with that came a swipe to unlock. Now I have to swipe, then put in my pattern, when before I just had to put in my patter after turning on the lock screen.

Any ways to remove this feature?? Thanks

Go into system settings > security. Remove the swipe to unlock and keep the password - let us know if you have any other questions.

Dale Thompson1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site

Go into system settings > security. Remove the swipe to unlock and keep the password - let us know if you have any other questions.

Hasn't worked unfortunately, there's no 'system settings', just 'lock and screen security'. I've got the 2016 version of this phone if that helps?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Hasn't worked unfortunately, there's no 'system settings', just 'lock and screen security'. I've got the 2016 version of this phone if that helps?

If you go into lock screen and security is there an option to disable the swipe to unlock?

gebyr

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site

Hi Moderator. I will answer ur question with hope we will solve this problem which I have also - yes, it's possible to disable "the swipe", but then the mobil haven't any single protect element and it works just on the basis of you Turn On a display and you can see and work directly with your mobile data (aplications, contacts, messages etc). Second option is let "the swipe" security ON, where I have to swipe just 1 time to see my screen (with aplications, contacts, messages) .. or third option is to choose some of the security lockers (pattern, pin, password) but then is necessary to swipe one time to get on screen where is the security locker (pattern or pin or password). I've attached two pictures of my screen with the option of using the pattern (necessary two times to unlock a device).
Thank you for your time.

first screen1.jpg

second screen1.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew Glasmacher

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
I've got a Note 9, but I would assume that this works for the S9 and S9+.

Go into Settings > Biometrics & Security > Iris Scanner > Screen-on iris recognition and that should get rid of the swipe to unlock screen for the iris and face unlock.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon