rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Got one today.

First impression is great.
-Best built Samsung so far
-Fast and responsive
-Great handling
-Good screen, 720p is no problem. Still sharp and vivid.
-Exellent battery
-TW seems lighter on this one
-Good camera

Even tho it is a midranger it feels just as fast as the N4 and the S5 ☺

JaunGuan

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Does the dual sim work?

Because of network problems I canceled my contract and gave my S5 back. I am now looking for a cheaper phone and believe the A5 will not be a downgrade.

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone help me out there?

I've just bought an A5 and its battery is draining too fast. I've set the brightness to the minimum and also disable the back-light and remove all unnecessary applications and also modified the setting with more restriction, BUT STILL IT IS SHOWING 55% SCREEN USAGE...is this NORMAL?

I would really appreciate for some help.

ganesh sundaram1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: The Galaxy A5... Battery Draining Problem..

Hi,
I ha d the same issue and even went to the Samsung Authorised Service centre for remedy, but in vain.
Later I found out that the real reason is whatever the apps we open, use and and EVEN AFTER CLOSING it by the usual methods, the apps seems to be running in the background. There is a couple settings available under the Notification Dropdown menu "Power Saving" & "U.Power Saving". You can opt for "Power saving" with "Restrict background data" enabled. It actually improves the battery time significantly. Only minus is is there will be a permanent notification "Background data restricted" & "Power saving Mode" in the notification panel.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Ganesh