Galaxy A5 2016 (SM-A510F) overheats and wifi stopped working!

leocerotjek

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello, from two weeks my 1 month old A5 is always very hot and the bluetooth and the wifi sopped working.
I have only installed snapchat, whatsapp, telegram, any.do, runtastic and lifesum. All from the official play store.
Anyone can help me?
Sorry for my bad english, I'm still learning. O:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are several possibilities, including a rogue app, poor cell signal, and corrupt files on the SD card. To get a better idea, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

If you can't find Awake Time or Cell Signal Strength, then consider installing a 3rd party battery app like GSam Battery Monitor.

Here's how to post screenshots:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

By the way, your English is fine!:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, nothing too unusual there. Cell signal looks good, and there aren't any apps that stand out when it comes to battery usage.

Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, go to Settings>Storage, tap Unmount SD, then remove the card, and see if the overheating stops. If it does stop, then insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

leocerotjek

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
In Safe Mode nothing happened, then I wiped the system cache and the phone is now discharging in a more normal time and the battery is a little less hot. Now I wait a bit to see if the battery temperature goes normal...
The wifi still not working, here is a video:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you only having wi-fi connection problems at home, or does it also happen on other wi-fi networks?

leocerotjek

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
The problem is not in the network but is in the phone, the wifi doesn't activate as shown in the video, and the same happens to bluetooth.
I have another problem now, when it's charging, with the original charger, the battery goes over 110°F and it's charging very slowly :(
The phone still discharging too fast...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I typed that response without watching the video first--rookie mistake!:-\

At this point, it may be worth reinstalling the firmware, which you should be able to do with Samsung Smart Switch.

leocerotjek

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Nothing changed reinstalling the firmware with Smart Switch... Wifi still not working, Bluetooth still not working, Battery's overheating, discharging so fast and charging slowly...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.:-\ In that case, I'm thinking a hardware defect. Bring it back to the store where you got it to see if they'll exchange it easily. If not, contact Samsung, since it should still be under warranty.

viki86

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
hy i just read all ur conversations...i m also using same mobile and facing same problems of Wifi and bluetooth after updating my mobile software to latest version but my cell have no warrenty as i purchased my cell frm the local market without warrenty..i checked my mobile frm different repairing centers, all were installed new software by saying tht it was a software issue but failed to solved the problem...nw i got to knw tht it was a hardware issue and it couldnt b resolved as its motherboard is very complicated and no one is intrested to solve it.. so kindly suggest me wht to do nw...is it a software or hardware issue? also how can i resolve the issue? thanks and waiting

viki86

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Exactly same problem as shown in the above video or below mentiond message:

"The problem is not in the network but is in the phone, the wifi doesn't activate as shown in the video, and the same happens to bluetooth".

Shruti Sehmbi

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm facing the exact same problem. I have done a factory reset twice but my phone still doesn't connect to Wi-Fi. U said that it is a H/W issue but even the store was not ready to help. What hav u done after that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol