Soft keys not working and other issues after loop rebooting.

MadDog1977

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
my phone started doing a loop reboot, after re setting several times in several all but factory reset(I don't want to loose all my info and setings). my softkeys aren't working. and the screen is not very responsive(jerky scrolling.

softkeys: the recent (tab) button and back arrow keys.

also when i press power button it takes a few seconds to turn on. a lot slower than before.

When i plug in my phone it doesn't show it's charging and the % stays the same all day.

Model number
SM-A500W

Android version
Kernel
3.10.49-7301853
If you need more info just ask.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
my phone started doing a loop reboot, after re setting several times in several all but factory reset(I don't want to loose all my info and setings). my softkeys aren't working. and the screen is not very responsive(jerky scrolling.

softkeys: the recent (tab) button and back arrow keys.

also when i press power button it takes a few seconds to turn on. a lot slower than before.

When i plug in my phone it doesn't show it's charging and the % stays the same all day.

Model number
SM-A500W

Android version
Kernel
3.10.49-7301853
If you need more info just ask.
There could be an underlying issue causing this problem. I would suggest clearing cache if you haven't already done so: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10683

The above how-to is for the S5. However, the A5 should be the same. If that doesn't work then you should try a factory reset and format the SD card as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante