A5 (2016) seems like it's overheating

Tessicorn

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I bought the Galaxy A5 (2016) just a week ago, but it's been getting hot ever since. I updated it the very first day to Marshamallow via OTA since I got the notification, so I don't know if it was better on Lollipop. It's getting hot while I play a game for like 2 minutes, even when I'm using Snapchat. I tried to use the phone without SD card, but there was no difference. Same goes with wiping cache partition.

It usually heats up around the rear camera and on the other side on display. Then the heat kinda goes down but it ends somewhere around the SIM card/SD card slot.

I downloaded CPU-Z and while playing a game (AbyssRium) I found out in Thermal thread that in therm_zones (especially therm_zone0) it goes up to 73°C which I find ridiculous. I even experienced getting it up to 84°C. But normally it's around 50°C.

Before I bought this phone I had Galaxy S3 & S3 mini and even though the S3 got a bit warm it never got that hot like the A5 does. But maybe it's normal, I don't know.

Is there anything I can do to decrease the temperature? Thank you :).

Paul Collins4

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I bought the Galaxy A5 (2016) just a week ago, but it's been getting hot ever since. I updated it the very first day to Marshamallow via OTA since I got the notification, so I don't know if it was better on Lollipop. It's getting hot while I play a game for like 2 minutes, even when I'm using Snapchat. I tried to use the phone without SD card, but there was no difference. Same goes with wiping cache partition.

It usually heats up around the rear camera and on the other side on display. Then the heat kinda goes down but it ends somewhere around the SIM card/SD card slot.

I downloaded CPU-Z and while playing a game (AbyssRium) I found out in Thermal thread that in therm_zones (especially therm_zone0) it goes up to 73°C which I find ridiculous. I even experienced getting it up to 84°C. But normally it's around 50°C.

Before I bought this phone I had Galaxy S3 & S3 mini and even though the S3 got a bit warm it never got that hot like the A5 does. But maybe it's normal, I don't know.

Is there anything I can do to decrease the temperature? Thank you :).

Everything seems fine here try factory reset if that doesnt work could possibly be defective, and may need to be repaired under warranty

Tessicorn

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's normal like you said. Because it finally doesn't get so hot like it did before even thought there maybe was just a problem in the game that caused it or it just needed to adapt. I was just really scared because of it being new and just having those older Galaxy's before that couldn't take much like this phone so I didn't experience it before. Overall it's really great phone :). Nevermind.
Thank you so much for your reply :).