Phone keeps turning off after the 6.0.1 Marshmellow Updae

spongebobik0

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey, hope some of you will be able to solve this pesky problem because I've literally searched the whole Internet and no one seems to have the same troubles as me. Briefly, ever since I updated my Android to 6.0.1 Marshmellow (probaby ~1 week ago) this started occuring: whenever the lock screen's on and the phone is idle for ~5 minutes (sometimes even less), it turns off itself. I might be on my phone for hours, but I know that when I turn on the lock screen, in a few minutes the phone will be shut off. However when I listen to music and the lock screen's on, it never turns off. It's really inconvenient and I can barely use the phone as it's shut down whenever I don't use it. Any ideas? I haven't tried anything to fix the problem (as I'm not very good with phones) and I believe that some of you have been through the same and could advise me what to do. Thanks for any reply, spongebobik0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. How do I use Safe Mode on my Galaxy A5?

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.